Check Box (1 Viewer)

chablups

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:01
Do check boxes have to be bound to be able to save them in your forms? In other words, when you check the box and click save, does the check box have to be bound so that the check mark can be saved? Thanks.

iago18

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:01
What do you mean by "saved"? If you want the data to be "saved" into a table record you have to:

A. Bind the checkbox to a table field
or
B. Use the unbound value of the textbox to update a table field by executing a SQL command for instance

In either case, "saved" in access always means "modify the value of a TABLE FIELD" as far as I know. If this isn't what you want then please be more specific.

chablups

Registered User.
Local time
Is there anyway?

I have already created the check boxes in my form in Design View. I did not bind them to anything, because I thought I was saving time by not putting the fields in my table first. In other words, I just clicked on the form in Design View and put in the check boxes. I spent all day doing this. Problem is, after closing out and saving my work, when I checked off the box, it didn't and won't save the check marks when I click save. So they are of no value, unless...is there a way I can still bind the check boxes to fields that I will now create in my table? That way I won't I have to disign the form all over again. I know that's kind of ass-backwards, but it would sure save me a lot of time. Thanks.

Oldsoftboss

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:01
To save the value of your Check Box - True/False - Yes/No - Check/UnChecked - what ever, yes, it needs to be bound to a field in a table.
Dont dispear, just create your table with the data type as Yes/No. Once this is done, open the form in design view and in the properties of each checkbox, select the table field as the Control Source.
PS you need to set the record source of the form to the name our your table.

And yes, this is a backward way of doing things. Take time to create your tables, relationships and queries. This done properly will make generating the data output you require from your project much easier.

Dave

chablups

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Dave.

The little check boxes, where the check marks are put, are by default, grayed out. Is there any way to make that default just plain white when there is no check in the box? Thanks, loved your "bumpy road" too.

Last edited:

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
, 21:01
In the design view, select the control and in it's property "Default Value" you can put FALSE.

chablups

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Bob.

That worked perfectly! You dah man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom