Clipboard issue (1 Viewer)

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 07:05
When I copy data from an app and paste into Excel 2010 the data get all mis-aligned. For example if the first row, the col header, has two words for the title of the col, when I paste, it places one word in the first col and the second word in the second col. This is just the tip of the iceberg as it jumbles a lot of other stuff up as well. But when I do the exact same paste in 2003 (an .xls file instead of an .xlsx file), all is fine... Any ideas what the fix may be? My guess is that the new .xlsx is unicode or something - ?

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 05:05
Don't know if this will help. The 2010 has more options for pasting. Just for fun, have you tried to Paste Values (with / without formtting)
I had somethigh like that from from my web bank statement. Was just trying to past them in Excel to fit the columns. Found one of the many options would work.
On another page (same bank) I had to first past it into Notepad, then repaste it into excel.
I actually wrote the board and asked them to fix this. Unbeleiveable, they added a feature to help me and had a tech call to help me learn about it.

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 07:05
For some odd reason it started working correctly this morning - Thanks for the reply, I'll try the suggestions if it pops up again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom