Code Bank (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:37
Just an idea...what about a tab at the top called Resources. In there, there is a section called Code Bank, with ready-made VBA to copy and paste?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 02:37
It would basically link to the existing Code Repository then? Seems like a good idea?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
That should generate some more posts. :) along the lines of 'I copied this code and it does not work'. :)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Haha, I didn't even remember we had one!

There is a Resources section I can buy for the forum, where it has slightly different functionality to the main forum software. I was trying to think how it might benefit these forums.

neuroman9999

Local time
Today, 04:37
along the lines of 'I copied this code and it does not work'. :)
ummm....haven't I already made it absolutely clear that I ran into a woman that attempted to do that and screeched for help after asking me? ;)

hey @Jon , instead of posting actual code from professionals that was written for any given purpose, with the huge possibility that beginners will literally do what Gasman has said and possibly get overly-frustrated, why not give code snippets similar to the following, written by me, for the purpose of giving free tools for others to learn on their own?

lesson_listings.jpg

lesson_purposes.jpg

code.jpg

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
A wiki comes to mind.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
A wiki / FAQ with either the links a lot of us have in our sigs - see mine for example, or some re-writes of those excellent articles (with appropriate attributions) and I would then use the links to point to AWF resources rather than external ones... Just a thought.

I know that would help the site stats from your earlier description of how the external link counts against the site.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
The problem with anything like this is maintenance! Unless you've got someone who is OCD about maintaining it, it will quickly become a right mess.

neuroman9999

Local time
The problem with anything like this is maintenance! Unless you've got someone who is OCD about maintaining it, it will quickly become a right mess.
disagree. but I'm not in charge. how could it become a mess!?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 02:37
MAN, I love this Ignore feature.
This little gray link:
ShowIgnoredContent.jpg

...doesn't even begin to tempt me anymore, after a few times of clicking it and regretting it.
And I still get to see normal peoples' replies.
Freedom!!!

neuroman9999

Local time
you're sick
I thought you had enough intellect to take a joke. obviously not. :( it's a good thing this thread is not in a technical part of this site. you know what? If I showed her that post of mine, she would laugh right along with me. ;)

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
MAN, I love this Ignore feature.
This little gray link:
View attachment 84746
...doesn't even begin to tempt me anymore, after a few times of clicking it and regretting it.
And I still get to see normal peoples' replies.
Freedom!!!
I don't even see that anymore - just some disconnect in the thread sometimes - Bliss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom