code for finding record in a form (1 Viewer)

Prakashpdl

Local time
Tomorrow, 03:16
Hello,
I am novice to access. I have a form and few subforms as tabbed pages in the main form. I have a separate page as search page that consists of searchbox and searchlist. When I type a name in searchbox, there is listing of matched names in listbox. Now I want to click one of the names in list box so as to open/go to the record corresponding to that name in the main form. Is there any simple code or way to do that? Please help.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:31
Hi. You would normally just filter the form to the matching value from your list.

Prakashpdl

Local time
Tomorrow, 03:16
Thanks for code. I have a form (Sform) in which there are Searchbox (Sbox) and Searchlist (Slist). When I search for a name it shows list of matching names. Until this step I was able to accomplish. Now I want a code by which if I click (or double click) a name of my interest listed in the listbox, I am able to view its record (The record lies in another form Form2). Can you please help.

Last edited:

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:31
@Prakashpdl, if you need help implementing the code, please post a stripped down version of your database and specify exactly what to click and pick and what should happen, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom