coding navigation record x of y button (1 Viewer)

socko139

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:00
Hello all,

Im trying to code my own navigation record x of y record box. (The navigation button that shows record 1 of X) I turned navigation buttons off and already created the other buttons (add new record, first record previous... etc.), but I'm having trouble creating the box that shows me which record I'm on. A friend helped me by informing me to create a *label* on my form named lblNavigate then insert this code into my form in OnCurrentEvent .. . .

Private Sub Form_Current()
If Me.NewRecord Then
Me!lblNavigate.Caption = "New Record"
Else
With Me.RecordsetClone
.Bookmark = Me.Bookmark

**** Me!lblNavigate.Caption= "Record "&_
.CurrentRecord _
& " of " & .RecordCount
End With
End If
End Sub

When I do this and view my form nothing happens. I have no idea why. Maybe my code is wrong, maybe my friend was wrong when he told me to create a "label" called lblNavigate. The error I receive says "Object doesn't support this property or method" and in my vb it errors right around where I put stars (***). Im thinking my friend was wrong when he told me to create a label called lblNavigate as opposed to a text box or something... but when I tried this in my text box it said #Name... and not the record number.

Can anyone help me.. Hope this all makes sense...if not I guess from scratch, how do I do this.
Thank you sooooo much!!

R. Hicks

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 21:00
Check you AOL email, I sent you a sample that should show you how to do this.

HTH
RDH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom