Combining records from one table into another (1 Viewer)

Shipper225

Windows XP Access 2007
Local time
Yesterday, 21:42
First off I am using Access 2003 database on Access 2007

I'm not quite show how to explain the problem I have been having lately. Basically I am trying to take two records from one table and sum the quantity field in them to display the information on a different table. I.E. table one has:

Table #1
QTY Type Class Job#
5___ A ___6B__ 17
5___ B ___6B__ 17
5___ A ___7B__ 17

Table #2
QTY Class Job#
10___6B __17

I am trying to have a query locate the duplicate 6B for Job# 1 and then sum the QTY in different table to be used for forms and reporting later. I just need to know how to get started so I can put together some code to post the next time I hit a wall.

Last edited:

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Yesterday, 20:42
You had me until this part:

I am trying to have a query locate the duplicate 6B for Job# 1 and then sum the QTY in different table to be used for forms and reporting later. I just need to know how to get started so I can put together some code to post the next time I hit a wall.

I have no idea what you need done. This is in the Query sub-forum, so I assume you want a query, but I have no idea what it's to display. Based on the sample data of your two tables, could you show what this query should return? Include field names and possibly more sample data from Table1 and Table 2.

Sketchin

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:42
If you are summing similar entries, you will want to do that dynamically in a query using an expression. You don't need to store calculations in a separate table (and shouldn't).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom