Combo box - how to jump to an item in list - in col(1) - not bound col (1 Viewer)

RCurtin

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:33
Hi,
This is the source of the combo box:

SELECT M_RequisitionOrders.ReqOrderID, M_RequisitionOrders.FieldReqNo, M_RequisitionOrders.OrderDescription FROM M_RequisitionOrders ORDER BY M_RequisitionOrders.FieldReqNo;

The bound column is the first one. However, I would like users to be able to type in the FieldReqNo and to have it automatically scroll to that item in the list. I know this happens automatically when the item is the bound one but how do you do it when its not?

Thanks,
RCurtin

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:33
Will hiding the 1st column ( setting its ColumnWidths to 0") do what you want? Is AutoExpand set to yes?

RCurtin

Registered User.
Local time
Hi RG,
Thanks for the suggestion. I had tried that but it didn't do the trick. AutoExpand is set to yes.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
You are just trying to get the ComboBox to scroll to your entry, right? Or are you trying to get the form to locate your record?

Last edited:

RCurtin

Registered User.
Local time
Yes - I'm just trying to get it to scroll to the entry. I've attached a cut down version.

Thanks so much for your help.

Attachments

• comboboxScrolling.zip
    72.2 KB · Views: 95

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Does this do what you want? All I did was index on field 2 as well.

Attachments

• comboboxScrolling1.zip
    26.8 KB · Views: 88

RCurtin

Registered User.
Local time
That is perfect RG. Thanks so much - I was trying to do that for ages. I didn't know that having an index in the table had anything to do with it - I was sure it was a property of the combobox.

RCurtin

Registered User.
Local time
Was it just adding an index to the teble or did you do anything else?

(Had to kick users out before I could add index to table in BE)

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
All 3 fields were aliased so I added the fields directly and deleted the aliased fields from the query. Mostly for style; I doubt that had anything to do with the problem.

RCurtin

Registered User.
Local time
Hi RG,
I see what you mean. They must have become aliased when I exported it to the new DB.

I don't know why it didn't work originally but it does now so I'm happy. It was a very long list for my users to be scrolling thru.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom