combo box to find record saying the item doesn't exist--but it does. (1 Viewer)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:15
Everything worked in both! 😃 What voodoo did you do?
Well, as we have suspected, the problem was with the data in the table. That's why I insisted on seeing everything you got. At first, I thought it had to do with some "invisible" character in the data. Turns out, it sort of correct; however, I can't really explain it right now.

All I did to fix the issue was remove the record, from the table, where the InventoryID was Null.

M Costumes

Local time
Well, as we have suspected, the problem was with the data in the table. That's why I insisted on seeing everything you got. At first, I thought it had to do with some "invisible" character in the data. Turns out, it sort of correct; however, I can't really explain it right now.

All I did to fix the issue was remove the record, from the table, where the InventoryID was Null.
Ahhhh. and when I was reviewing everything I missed the one. Thank you so much for spending all this time on this! I feel rather silly for not noticing the one odd-ball record.

Guess I'm off to write a query to find and delete records that are null now so there's a quick fix if that ever happens again in the future.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Ahhhh. and when I was reviewing everything I missed the one. Thank you so much for spending all this time on this! I feel rather silly for not noticing the one odd-ball record.

Guess I'm off to write a query to find and delete records that are null now so there's a quick fix if that ever happens again in the future.
I think that would be a wise move. However, I wish I had a logical explanation why some records work and some don't. I may have to check it again and see if the placement of the null records in comparison with the other records had anything to do with the problem using a combobox. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom