combo selection (1 Viewer)

T

thomasfarrand

Can some one please help me coz i think im going around in circuls!

I've got a form which i want 2 use to fill in new appointments. What i want to be able to do is select a clients name from a combo box and at the same time, i want it to automaticly fill in the client_ID similar to what happens in the access sample db Northwind in its Orders form.
Having studuid Northwinds example for a very long time i know that it all runs off of a query, but i can't seem to get it to work in mine even when following the example as closely as possible!is there settings or hidden code that im missing somewhere?
Im aware of the vbscript used in the after update procedure, this i have also followed.
Something u should also know is that i've got Client_Name and Client_ID in both the Client table and the Appointment table, is this right? if so for the query which table should a draw the Client_Name and Client_ID from?

Sorry for rambling on but im trying to give u as good a picture of the problem as i can! I will be very greatful if someone could help me with this coz i need to have it done in the next couple of days and im running out of time!

Thanx alot TOM...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom