A New Member Here ! (1 Viewer)

TipsyWolf

Local time
Today, 11:37
hey, guys !
hello everyone. im exited to join u here.
i love Access and work with it in my personal life and mostly for my work. i dont have VBA or SQL programming skills. my level is - decent enough to make a good excel spreadsheets. so i very often face with lots of issues in my Access db. Hope u guys doing well :)

TipsyWolf

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:37
Welcome to Access World! We're so happy to have you join us as a member of our community. As the most active Microsoft Access discussion forum on the internet, with posts dating back more than 20 years, we have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with you.

We're a friendly and helpful community, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you have or share your own experiences with Access. We're here to support you and help you get the most out of this powerful database program.

To get started, we recommend reading the post linked below. It contains important information for all new users of the forum:

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We hope you have a great time participating in the discussion and learning from other Access enthusiasts. We look forward to having you around!

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:37
Welcome aboard AWF, Tipsy!

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 04:37
Welcome aboard! We are kindred spirits, although I am more of a DrunkDog than a TipsyWolf...

TipsyWolf

Local time
Welcome aboard! We are kindred spirits, although I am more of a DrunkDog than a TipsyWolf...
thank you very much.
this nickname has nothing to do with me lol ... its just part of history. 25 years ago a classmate said that i am a tipsywolf and drew and painted a tipsy wolf while we were sitting in a class of elementary school. i had no chances but accept this nice name and im a TipsyWolf since then :)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:37
Hello and welcome aboard. Two comments...

1. My screen name was given to me by a co-worker on the day I met him. My reputation and my degree were known to him already.

2. You said you were new and indicated an Excel background. In that case, may I respectfully recommend that you do a little bit of reading on the subject of "Database Normalization" as a useful basic skill that applies more to Access than to Excel? IF you search this forum, you can just look for "Normalization" because this IS a database forum. However, in the general Internet, you must specify "Database Normalization" because by itself, the word "normalization" appears in at least half a dozen major disciplines.

TipsyWolf

Local time
Hello and welcome aboard. Two comments...

1. My screen name was given to me by a co-worker on the day I met him. My reputation and my degree were known to him already.

2. You said you were new and indicated an Excel background. In that case, may I respectfully recommend that you do a little bit of reading on the subject of "Database Normalization" as a useful basic skill that applies more to Access than to Excel? IF you search this forum, you can just look for "Normalization" because this IS a database forum. However, in the general Internet, you must specify "Database Normalization" because by itself, the word "normalization" appears in at least half a dozen major disciplines.
thank you for your suggestions. i will surly read db normalization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom