ComboBox help (1 Viewer)

SUICIDEKING13

Local time
Today, 12:08
Hello im new and im sure theres a thread already that has addressed this issue but im in sort of a hurry.

I should mention that i've never used VBA before and i can do some sorts with Macros but im not really to well at expressions yet either.

I've created a table with a hyperlink field called Useful links.

I've also created a Form in which ive placed a combobox linked to my hyperlink table.

What im trying to do is use that combobox drop down list to select the record (hyperlink) that i want and a button to open that hyperlink URL. is there a simple way i can do this with a macro or expression? please help. Thank you so much. Cheers!

Isskint

Slowly Developing
Local time
Today, 17:08
application.FollowHyperlink ComboBoxName

SUICIDEKING13

Local time
application.FollowHyperlink ComboBoxName

so im still not sure about this. i've never used VBA code before.

is this right? it gives me an error code every time i try to use it.

Private Sub Command2_Click()
Application.FollowHyperlink useful
End Sub

this ^^^^ lives in my button in events "on click" ?

Isskint

Slowly Developing
Local time
Today, 17:08
OK, if you get errors on that try using the Hyperlink.Follow method of a control. So long as you only have 1 field in your combobx this should work.

Me.useful.Hyperlink.Follow

If you have more than 1 field in your combobox, place an invizible textbox on you form (set its Visible property to no). Then use this code

Me.InvizibleTextbox = me.useful.Column(x)'where x is the column number holding the value for the hyperlink
Me.InvizibleTextbox.Hyperlink.Follow

SUICIDEKING13

Local time
OK, if you get errors on that try using the Hyperlink.Follow method of a control. So long as you only have 1 field in your combobx this should work.

Me.useful.Hyperlink.Follow

If you have more than 1 field in your combobox, place an invizible textbox on you form (set its Visible property to no). Then use this code

Me.InvizibleTextbox = me.useful.Column(x)'where x is the column number holding the value for the hyperlink
Me.InvizibleTextbox.Hyperlink.Follow

worked like a charm. Cheers!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom