Command buttons jump sideways on hover (1 Viewer)

fluid

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:20
Hi,

I am having a problem with 2 of my forms. I have made many forms in my DB but only 2 have this issue. They are both POPUP and CONTINUOUS.

The problem is, when I hover over a button anywhere on the header or footer, the button appears to "jump" sideways about 1/4". It also leaves a residual image of the old location, but the residual image is not clickable.

Needless to say, this looks very messy. Has anybody seen this before?

Any suggestions?

Thanks..

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Yes, I think so, on dbs that were upgraded from 2003, like MDB to ACCDB, perhaps. Does this apply to you?

fluid

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. Yes, I think so, on dbs that were upgraded from 2003, like MDB to ACCDB, perhaps. Does this apply to you?

Yes the DB originated in 2003, but the most recent form that is demonstrating the issue was made in Access 2016

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yes the DB originated in 2003, but the most recent form that is demonstrating the issue was made in Access 2016
Right. I don't think it's a matter of creating a form but more like the database originated with the old 2003 settings. To (try to) fix it, go to the database options and check/uncheck (can't remember which) the box for storing images as BMP (or something similar).

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Sorry, I was referring to this setting.

Attachments

• image.PNG
    image.PNG
    53 KB · Views: 188

fluid

Registered User.
Local time
theDBguy,

Thanks for the pointers. Unfortunately that did not help.:banghead:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
theDBguy,

Thanks for the pointers. Unfortunately that did not help.:banghead:
Hi. Sorry to hear that. Can you post a sample db, so we can help you find if there's something else we could try?

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 20:20
Sorry if this should be obvious to me, but what does converting any image to a bitmap have to do with a command button? Is it only relevant if it has a picture on it?

I was wondering if there was mousemove code that's doing something to cause the shift, but that wouldn't explain the residual image - unless there's an over-laid button that's being exposed.

fluid

Registered User.
Local time
Sample.jpg
Here is a screenshot of what the buttons look like after they have been hovered over. (the 2 in the Header, not the Footer)

I will upload a sample DB soon.

Thanks

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Sorry if this should be obvious to me, but what does converting any image to a bitmap have to do with a command button? Is it only relevant if it has a picture on it?
Hi Micron. I'm not 100% sure either except I have seen it happen before. But since the OP's buttons don't have images, then perhaps it's a different issue altogether.

fluid

Registered User.
Local time
...Can you post a sample db, so we can help you find if there's something else we could try?

It appears that my DB is too large to post. Even with almost all of the data stripped.

Backend is 8 MB, frontend is 4MB

Maybe I'll strip it even further and post just one of the forms that is giving issues

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
It appears that my DB is too large to post. Even with almost all of the data stripped.

Backend is 8 MB, frontend is 4MB

Maybe I'll strip it even further and post just one of the forms that is giving issues
Although we can't promise to find a solution, doing so without a demo would be even harder. So, I hope you're able to reduce the size to make it work.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 01:20
Have you compacted each part before zipping?

fluid

Registered User.
Local time
Update...
When I stripped the DB down to just 1 table, 1 form, and 1 query, the problem went away....
So I went to my non-stripped DB and opened the form directly (rather than programmatically). The problem did not occur.

I now believe that the problem may be caused by my login form.
I still haven't determined why though.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Update...
When I stripped the DB down to just 1 table, 1 form, and 1 query, the problem went away....
So I went to my non-stripped DB and opened the form directly (rather than programmatically). The problem did not occur.

I now believe that the problem may be caused by my login form.
I still haven't determined why though.
Hi. Glad to hear you're making good progress. I think it would still be nice to see it first hand. If nothing else, it would add more info to my answer when someone asks a similar question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom