Common Dialog problems (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:57
Hi all,

I'm using a common dialog to store the path of a document store on a local drive but after a week or so of blissfully easy browsing and hyperlinking it screwed up and I can't see why...any suggestions, this is what happens;

1) The common dialog suddenly started failing. Saying that the .showOpen command failed even though it pops up but it doesn't return a value.

2) I have two queries based on one table that allows me to display slightly different information on different forms. In the table and one of the queries a hyperlink works wonderfully, opening the relevent application and file but in the other query it doesn't!! On top of this neither of the forms will allow me to link either, the best I get now is the web view bar poping up

I'm using Access 97,

Hope you can help,

thanks Charlie

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:57
I don't have any experience with that problem, though I have used Common Dialog boxes, too. I guess the best thing to do is put a breakpoint in the code just after you would return from the box and examine all of the properties of the box. See if something is somehow garbled.

It would also help to look at the properties just before you activate the box. Make a comparison to see what changed. That usually helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom