Complex Query - Date Comparison (1 Viewer)

michaelfairburn

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:44
Thanks Rich, but there isn't any vba in the database (or at least none that I've put in there)

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:44
You may not have written any vba functions but vba is a part of access and many functions within access won't work if it hasn't loaded all the required parts, check out the link again, it goes into greater detail

michaelfairburn

Registered User.
Local time
I read the article Rich and I'll check out the database on Monday when I'm back at work. Thanks.

Mike

michaelfairburn

Registered User.
Local time
Try and aliase an extra field for each Union:

SELECT tblLinkedMasterData.[Project name], tblLinkedMasterData.[Segment Project manager name], tblLinkedMasterData.[PM Management], tblLinkedMasterData.[Program Name1], tblLinkedMasterData.[RFD Initial Date], "Initial" As Gate
FROM tblLinkedMasterData
WHERE (((tblLinkedMasterData.[RFD Initial Date])>=Now() And (tblLinkedMasterData.[RFD Initial Date])<=Now()+14))

UNION
SELECT tblLinkedMasterData.[Project name], tblLinkedMasterData.[Segment Project manager name], tblLinkedMasterData.[PM Management], tblLinkedMasterData.[Program Name1], tblLinkedMasterData.[RFD Revised Date], "Revised" As Gate
FROM tblLinkedMasterData
WHERE (((tblLinkedMasterData.[RFD Revised Date])>=Now() And (tblLinkedMasterData.[RFD Revised Date])<=Now()+14)

JR

Thanks JR, that worked a treat. Much appreciated :)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 05:44
I must state again that using NOW() means that you may miss records as the Time will be taken into account.

If your table contains time you may miss them on the first and last days, if not only, on the first day.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom