Condensing output data (1 Viewer)

alktrigger

Aimless Extraordinaire
Local time
Today, 05:49
My report is effectively a spreadsheet. the only problem is that I cannot compress the output to fit onto a single page like the old spreadsheet used to be able to. I've changed and played with most settings in the property sheet, but to no avail. The attached picture is at good as it has gotten, I'd preferably have it be much smaller.

Any advice?

Attachments

• condensibility.JPG
    condensibility.JPG
    4.2 KB · Views: 70

SOS

Registered Lunatic
Local time
Today, 02:49
What font size are you using? It looks like the text boxes could be made a little smaller as well and then make sure the Detail section is set right up to the bottom of the text box and that the page and report headers/footers are sized as small as necessary.

alktrigger

Aimless Extraordinaire
Local time
Maybe this attachment helps more.

Attachments

• report layout.jpg
    report layout.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 65

SOS

Registered Lunatic
Local time
Looks like you've done about all you can for this. Personally, if I need "spreadsheet like" reports - I use a spreadsheet. Access is not known for its warm personality when it comes to creating "spreadsheet like" reports. So, I will typically let users know that if they want something to look like a spreadsheet, then we will do an export to Excel so they can have the spreadsheet look because Access doesn't do it very well at all.

alktrigger

Aimless Extraordinaire
Local time
is there some way of creating a format for the exported table? It's a report that's getting created on a weekly basis, and going through and formatting it each time is not really an effective way of doing it.

SOS

Registered Lunatic
Local time
is there some way of creating a format for the exported table? It's a report that's getting created on a weekly basis, and going through and formatting it each time is not really an effective way of doing it.

Check out this code on Bob Larson's site. It has export code for

Tables/Queries

Forms

And it includes some sample formatting code to get you started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom