conditional sum in group header (1 Viewer)

Crystal123

Local time
Today, 21:22
:confused: Have been trying for ages but are now stuck! please help.

My report in Vs 10 has 2 groups for projects:
Group 1: Project date
Group2: Project number

Each project has a number of {cost centres} and I am trying to pull the sum of {transactions} for each {cost centre} into GH2. I want a report to show me one line for each project number with the sum of {transactions} of each cost centre. I managed to calculate the totals by creating a third group for {cost centre} but this does not give me the desired layout of a horisontal one line of information for each project.

To complicate this a bit the transactions are either {Estimate transactions} or {Actual Transactions} so if {Actual Transactions} > 0 it should sum the {actual Transactions} else it should sum the {Estimate Transactions}.

Any Thoughts?

Many Thanks

Karen Howard

Karen H
Local time
Today, 21:22
Sub Reports

As you are trying to get 2 different pieces of information on a single line, create a sub report with the three groups to calculate the sum for each cost centre for each project for each date. Put the calculation into the correct section (probably the cost centre footer). Now add this as a linked report to your original one. You should find that you can add the sub report into the correct group secion.

Hope this helps,
Karen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom