Continous form, beeping sound while mouse scrolling (1 Viewer)

Babycat

Local time
Today, 20:30
Hi Everyone.
I am facing with this issue in my project, so I try to create a freshnew database to verify, the issue still happen.
The form is countinous form which data is fed from a table.
Open the form, click on any record, scroll up, down few times, make sure the current selected record went out the window for a time.
You will random hear the beep sound while scrolling the mouse.
Anyone experienced with this issue? Any how to fix it?
Appreciated for your helps.

Thanks,

Attachments

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:30
Sorry...but cannot reproduce the problem, using Access 2007.

Perhaps someone else will have an idea.

Linq ;0)>

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 14:30
Sorry...but cannot reproduce the problem, using Access 2007.

Perhaps someone else will have an idea.

Linq ;0)>
Same here, also on 2007

Babycat

Local time
Unbelievable, I thought you guys are always with the latest technologies...
Anyway, I attached the captured video here,
Hope someone can help to give a clue

Thank you

Attachments

isladogs

CID
Local time
Today, 14:30
The latest technology isn't necessarily the best. 😉
Anyway, I tested it in Access 365. No beep.
As I'm unable to replicate your problem, I can only suggest you try the following in turn in case these help:
1. Disable Feedback with sound setting in Access options client settings
2. Change your sound scheme to none in Windows Control Panel.

Having said that I tested with both settings turned on. No beep

Babycat

Local time
The latest technology isn't necessarily the best. 😉
Anyway, I tested it in Access 365. No beep.
As I'm unable to replicate your problem, I can only suggest you try the following in turn in case these help:
1. Disable Feedback with sound setting in Access options client settings
2. Change your sound scheme to none in Windows Control Panel.

Having said that I tested with both settings turned on. No beep
1. The option Feedback with sound is unchecked by default.
2. Change your sound scheme to none in Windows Control Panel--> It makes other application muted too. I can't do so

I have tested on both PC and laptop, both having same issue. Tested with Access 365
Small hope that it is not going to beep on my customer's computer....

Anyone else help to reproduce the problem?

Thank you very much

Attachments

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I tried too - no sound using 2016. Forgive me for asking, but if you made a modified copy of your db to post here, then you did make sure the version you posted exhibits the behaviour?

Babycat

Local time
I tried too - no sound using 2016. Forgive me for asking, but if you made a modified copy of your db to post here, then you did make sure the version you posted exhibits the behaviour?
Yeah, I downloaded the db file in this thread, try and I can reproduce the isssue.
Even It seems randomly happen, but It happens more when you click on a control, then scroll up and down quickly especially when suddenly change the scrolling direction.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I did a bit of research and have to think it's not an Access issue, but Windows; maybe specifically a mouse problem called lag. Chances are you have experienced it in other apps like Word or Excel (or will if you haven't tried yet). To verify that, you could scroll through the form on another pc and see what happens. but I think you will find that it's OK on other machines - provided you don't use the same mouse. If you research, there are specific mouse brands that have been reported, and some sites advocate trying to update drivers, reducing the number of scroll lines per mouse wheel advance, not using a usb hub and the like. Unless someone here has had the same problem and chimes in with a solution that works for you, I wonder if you'd be farther ahead to research the issue from the point of it being Windows based rather than an Access problem.

Babycat

Local time
I did a bit of research and have to think it's not an Access issue, but Windows; maybe specifically a mouse problem called lag. Chances are you have experienced it in other apps like Word or Excel (or will if you haven't tried yet). To verify that, you could scroll through the form on another pc and see what happens. but I think you will find that it's OK on other machines - provided you don't use the same mouse. If you research, there are specific mouse brands that have been reported, and some sites advocate trying to update drivers, reducing the number of scroll lines per mouse wheel advance, not using a usb hub and the like. Unless someone here has had the same problem and chimes in with a solution that works for you, I wonder if you'd be farther ahead to research the issue from the point of it being Windows based rather than an Access problem.
I actually did an internet reseached yesterday before posting this, there are various result and suggested solutions. I tried to follow but none of them helped me.
Just to clarify more clearly:
1. I have 1 desktop PC with wired Mitsumi mouse and one Laptop with a cheap wireless mouse. Both of them synch the same db file via dropbox. Both have same Window version and Office 365. And, the beeping issue happen on both system too
2. I have tried to change "scroll lines per mouse wheel", but no improvement
3. I have just tested on Excel file with 1000 lines of data. It is perfectly well, no any annoying beep sound while mouse scrolling
4. I will try on my friend computer, or change my mouse to see if any changes. Will keep you posted
5. If anyone need a screen shoot or captured video. I can do it for your further investigation.

Last but not least
Thank everyone for your strong support

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom