Continous form, beeping sound while mouse scrolling (3 Viewers)

Babycat

Local time
Tomorrow, 03:26
Hi Everyone.
I am facing with this issue in my project, so I try to create a freshnew database to verify, the issue still happen.
The form is countinous form which data is fed from a table.
Open the form, click on any record, scroll up, down few times, make sure the current selected record went out the window for a time.
You will random hear the beep sound while scrolling the mouse.
Anyone experienced with this issue? Any how to fix it?
Appreciated for your helps.

Thanks,

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    45.9 KB · Views: 226
  • TestDB.zip
    48.2 KB · Views: 228

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:26
Sorry...but cannot reproduce the problem, using Access 2007.

Perhaps someone else will have an idea.

Linq ;0)>

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 20:26
Sorry...but cannot reproduce the problem, using Access 2007.

Perhaps someone else will have an idea.

Linq ;0)>
Same here, also on 2007

Babycat

Local time
Unbelievable, I thought you guys are always with the latest technologies...
Anyway, I attached the captured video here,
Hope someone can help to give a clue

Thank you

Attachments

• 2020-05-30 19-37-14.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 307

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 20:26
The latest technology isn't necessarily the best. 😉
Anyway, I tested it in Access 365. No beep.
As I'm unable to replicate your problem, I can only suggest you try the following in turn in case these help:
1. Disable Feedback with sound setting in Access options client settings
2. Change your sound scheme to none in Windows Control Panel.

Having said that I tested with both settings turned on. No beep

Babycat

Local time
The latest technology isn't necessarily the best. 😉
Anyway, I tested it in Access 365. No beep.
As I'm unable to replicate your problem, I can only suggest you try the following in turn in case these help:
1. Disable Feedback with sound setting in Access options client settings
2. Change your sound scheme to none in Windows Control Panel.

Having said that I tested with both settings turned on. No beep

1. The option Feedback with sound is unchecked by default.
2. Change your sound scheme to none in Windows Control Panel--> It makes other application muted too. I can't do so

I have tested on both PC and laptop, both having same issue. Tested with Access 365
Small hope that it is not going to beep on my customer's computer....

Anyone else help to reproduce the problem?

Thank you very much

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    30 KB · Views: 257

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I tried too - no sound using 2016. Forgive me for asking, but if you made a modified copy of your db to post here, then you did make sure the version you posted exhibits the behaviour?

Babycat

Local time
I tried too - no sound using 2016. Forgive me for asking, but if you made a modified copy of your db to post here, then you did make sure the version you posted exhibits the behaviour?
Yeah, I downloaded the db file in this thread, try and I can reproduce the isssue.
Even It seems randomly happen, but It happens more when you click on a control, then scroll up and down quickly especially when suddenly change the scrolling direction.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I did a bit of research and have to think it's not an Access issue, but Windows; maybe specifically a mouse problem called lag. Chances are you have experienced it in other apps like Word or Excel (or will if you haven't tried yet). To verify that, you could scroll through the form on another pc and see what happens. but I think you will find that it's OK on other machines - provided you don't use the same mouse. If you research, there are specific mouse brands that have been reported, and some sites advocate trying to update drivers, reducing the number of scroll lines per mouse wheel advance, not using a usb hub and the like. Unless someone here has had the same problem and chimes in with a solution that works for you, I wonder if you'd be farther ahead to research the issue from the point of it being Windows based rather than an Access problem.

Babycat

Local time
I did a bit of research and have to think it's not an Access issue, but Windows; maybe specifically a mouse problem called lag. Chances are you have experienced it in other apps like Word or Excel (or will if you haven't tried yet). To verify that, you could scroll through the form on another pc and see what happens. but I think you will find that it's OK on other machines - provided you don't use the same mouse. If you research, there are specific mouse brands that have been reported, and some sites advocate trying to update drivers, reducing the number of scroll lines per mouse wheel advance, not using a usb hub and the like. Unless someone here has had the same problem and chimes in with a solution that works for you, I wonder if you'd be farther ahead to research the issue from the point of it being Windows based rather than an Access problem.
I actually did an internet reseached yesterday before posting this, there are various result and suggested solutions. I tried to follow but none of them helped me.
Just to clarify more clearly:
1. I have 1 desktop PC with wired Mitsumi mouse and one Laptop with a cheap wireless mouse. Both of them synch the same db file via dropbox. Both have same Window version and Office 365. And, the beeping issue happen on both system too
2. I have tried to change "scroll lines per mouse wheel", but no improvement
3. I have just tested on Excel file with 1000 lines of data. It is perfectly well, no any annoying beep sound while mouse scrolling
4. I will try on my friend computer, or change my mouse to see if any changes. Will keep you posted
5. If anyone need a screen shoot or captured video. I can do it for your further investigation.

Last but not least
Thank everyone for your strong support

Fairchild

Local time
Today, 15:26
It's been a few months, but wanted to confirm Babycat's issue, as I am having the same exact thing. Apparently it is a rare issue because I haven't been able to find any other help tickets on other sites. I joined here specifically so I could respond to this thread.

That little chirping sound is supposed indicate that I have done something that Access finds unpleasant (ie typing in a read-only field, or similar). Similar to Babycat, I did my own analysis, and can confirm a few things:
1) It's not dependent on the mouse itself - I tried two different mice (one cabled and one wireless) with the same results. I tried experimenting with the middle clicking of the mouse wheel and that doesn't appear to change the issue. I tried updating the mouse drivers, and that didn't help.
2) When scrolling using the mouse wheel over a table, if I click in a field and then scroll, I get the sound. I've seen this on both tables and joins. It happens too on multiple data types (numbers, long and short strings). Happens on both null fields and populated. I have not been able to get it to happen on check-box Boolean fields.
3) It isn't an all-the-time thing. I can click on the same field and scroll up and down, and sometimes it will happen immediately, and other times it won't for several scrolls, and then other times it won't at all.
4) Given that currently I can't get it to throw on Boolean fields, I wonder if it is indicating that I am trying to "type" some kind of invisible characters when I scroll, and that it doesn't like them. And that it doesn't happen in a Boolean field because such a field doesn't accept text or numbers.
5) It is new behavior. I work in Access every day of the week, usually for hours at a time. It's one of my primary job duties, as the admin of multiple Access databases. I believe that this behavior has only started in the last week. That said, I typically listen to music on NC headphones most of the day, so it is possible that this behavior has existed for longer than I realize.
6) I've been able to replicate the issue now on three independent Access databases. I have seen it on both local and remote databases. I have not been able to replicate the issue outside of Access.

Babycat, did you ever figure out what might be causing the issue? This is such an odd issue. It fortunately doesn't appear to be corrupting anything (I hope), but I would like to get it resolved.

I can think of a couple other things I'd like to try. I'd like to check on a user work station and see if I can replicate the issue one a totally different machine interface. I will be onsite tomorrow, and will attempt then. Thank you.

Babycat

Local time
The deadline is over, I have released the program to my customer, so far no compliant. But i know the issue is still there.
My customer does not have any speaker or hearphone...

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:26
Hi @Fairchild I can't help with your issue, but just wanted to say Welcome to AWF!

Fairchild

Local time
Thanks for the quick responses folks.

Okay, I'll continue to dig deeper on my end, and monitor the situation. I'll let you know if I find any more significant information.

Thank you again.

Mike Krailo

Local time
I have noticed this problem and kind of ignored it. But now that I am focusing in on it, I noticed that if I use the arrow down key in a column on a continuous form and then start using the scroll wheel in the same direction it does that system beep every time. I'll have to continue troubleshooting it but if any one else can try that and confirm.

Mike Krailo

Local time
Truongtom1993, not sure what the point of that screen shot is, care to elaborate? changing that setting makes no difference in the noted problem in this thread.

Fairchild

Local time
Can second that. I saw the updated thread, and I checked my settings just to be sure, and that mouse setting is already enabled. I don't believe that has anything to do with the issue.

Sorry that I haven't posted anything further in the last month, but I haven't gotten any further with identifying or correcting the issue. It still continues on my end. But it also doesn't appear to be doing any harmful. The tables and everything else don't appear to be corrupted, and no extraneous data is being added or modified, to the best that I can tell. The issue continues to localized just to Access inside the tables. I have no issues anywhere else, be it in Windows or other Office environments.

Because this is a rare issue, I'm assuming that it is something odd on my end. I'm just going not worry about it further until I have a reason to do so.

Thanks again.

Mike Krailo

Local time
Rare? I find that hard to believe. It happens on every computer that I have M365 installed on inside the Access application. It happens in tables and continuous forms. No idea what the cause of it is either.

Fairchild

Local time
Hmmm... I just mean that when I first started Googling this issue, I wasn't able to find any other threads on Stackoverflow or MSDN (the usual suspects, etc) about this. This was the only forum (at the time) that I could find that mentioned it. It doesn't seem like many people are discussing it on the greater web, unless you've been able to find other discussions.

I should clarify, because you just pointed out a difference between your and my scenarios. You mention using 365, in my case it is using traditional Access of stand alone licensing, not the SaaS 365 application. If that makes any difference - I'm sure the internals of the two are a bit different. But we are seeing (what appears to be) the same issue in two diverse deployments, seemingly both limited just to Access. Which is odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom