Continue to add to Products Table (1 Viewer)

A17BPG

Local time
Yesterday, 17:33
While using ms access to enter an order why does it add the items sold back to the Product Table ie Product # 1 = Aitch Bone but after saving an order which shows up the Orders Table & Orderdetails Table the Product Table show Product # 258 = Aitch Bone another sale Product # 260 = Aitch Bone and so on.
Anyone any idea why this is happening.

Thanks Brian

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 01:33
String is too long? :)

Seriously though, what have you supplied to go on? :(
You to have to supply something more than that, which to anyone who does not know your system is just gibberish?

A17BPG

Local time
Hi Gasman

Sorry about the gibberish, to start with I have a Products Table with 258 Products entered.

When I open the Order entry form I select a Customer from a drop down list, then on the Order Subform I select date order is given then tab to Product which again select from a drop down or by typing first few characters of Product Name tab across and enter amount required and the total calculation performed automatically.

Save & exit to Main Menu.

On checking the Product Table to find Product(s) sold have been added to Table.

The Orders Table & the OrderDetails Tables have been updated as expected.

Hope this is a better explanation of problem.

Trying to work out why this is happening

Thanks Brian

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:33
Let me see if I can dig this out a bit.

Are you saying that your product table that lists a product code, product name, product description, etc. adds a copy of the product info to a table in which something should only occur once?

This SOUNDS like you are using some kind of JOIN to add to the orders and/or order details tables that involves the product tables and the way it is structured is leading Access to duplicate the records.

We would need to see EITHER the SQL code of any involved queries or a better description of that process that updates the detail tables in order to properly diagnose this.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 01:33
So has this just started happening?
I think you would need to upload a sample db to show the issue.
Whilst your description is much clearer now, it is still hard to diagnose without seeing it, well for me at least. :)

A17BPG

Local time
Hi The-Doc-Man

You mentioning Queries I will spend a couple of hours going through them and checking to see if I can spot any problems.

If not will be rack in touch.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom