Continued theology discussion... Not sure what to call this really.... (1 Viewer)

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 16:22
You know my answer to that, yes, there is only one true God, and yes that means other religions are wrong. If I didn't believe that, why would I say I believed a certain way at all?

So you are saying that a Muslim and a Hindhu are evil because they do not worship their God in the same way that you do?

Adam Caramon

Local time
Today, 11:22
You know my answer to that, yes, there is only one true God, and yes that means other religions are wrong. If I didn't believe that, why would I say I believed a certain way at all?

I apologize if I seem interogative, its just difficult to get straight answers sometimes. Everyone fears admitting something that may not be popular. Thank you for your answer.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Today, 10:22
So does this mean that Allah, and Buddah are fake Gods, or are they the same God just worshiped in a different way?

Hm... See my explanation I think it answers your question. both my answers actually, the one about sin and Satan,

Originally posted by Me:

Christian theology explains this by the fact that Satan is loose in this world twisting God's Word into lies in order to deceive people. He is the great deceiver, not to mention as we ourselves are sinners, we look for ways to twist things all the time. So, in a sense your statement is true, but I wouldn't come to the conclusion that they are the same God. Not, of course that you said you did, I'm just sayin'

and....

yes, there is only one true God, and yes that means other religions are wrong.

Although I suppose you specifically want Fifty to answer, maybe you are trying to guage everyone's stance on this?

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
I apologize if I seem interogative, its just difficult to get straight answers sometimes. Everyone fears admitting something that may not be popular. Thank you for your answer.

LOl, no worries, I started my sentence with a little twinkle in my eye. Your welcome.

scott-atkinson

Local time
Just to let you know where I stand...

I am not an Athiest, but I do not follow Christianity either..

I do like to believe that their is something after death, whether that be a heaven or a higher plain of existance I do not know..

My children go to a Church of England school and are tought about God, Jesus and the apostles, and I am absolutley fine with this, i chose the school not through religion but beacuse the religious ethics of the school made it a very well run school with polite intelligent children..

If my children want to pursue religion when they are older I will not stand in their way..

And we actively discuss God and Jesus at home as if they were real, so the children can relate to their school.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
So you are saying that a Muslim and a Hindhu are evil because they do not worship their God in the same way that you do?

Good question, I believe that everyone, including myself is evil. The only redeeming quality I have is that I have been forgiven by God because of the work of Jesus Christ, now, He is working in me, continually changing me into a new person, (From my favorite verses in Phillippians 1 Paul's greeting at the beginning of the letter.) It is really nothing I can claim responsibility for, I had nothing to do with it, it was God who called me to Himself, and God who allowed me to accept Him, and God who provided my salvation.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Just to let you know where I stand...

I am not an Athiest, but I do not follow Christianity either..

I do like to believe that their is something after death, whether that be a heaven or a higher plain of existance I do not know..

My children go to a Church of England school and are tought about God, Jesus and the apostles, and I am absolutley fine with this, i chose the school not through religion but beacuse the religious ethics of the school made it a very well run school with polite intelligent children..

If my children want to pursue religion when they are older I will not stand in their way..

And we actively discuss God and Jesus at home as if they were real, so the children can relate to their school.

I am glad you do this for your children. It's hard to watch them go their own way, I have younger brothers who are 12, 15 and 18 years younger than me, and who are starting to find their own paths, it has been hard to let them. Though there's really nothing I can do as I am only the sister. But I feel the urge to try to coach them anyway. :)

Edit: I am not misunderstanding what you say here, btw, just sharing some of my experience too.

scott-atkinson

Local time
Good question, I believe that everyone, including myself is evil. The only redeeming quality I have is that I have been forgiven by God because of the work of Jesus Christ, now, He is working in me, continually changing me into a new person, (From my favorite verses in Phillippians 1 Paul's greeting at the beginning of the letter.) It is really nothing I can claim responsibility for, I had nothing to do with it, it was God who called me to Himself, and God who allowed me to accept Him, and God who provided my salvation.

I still don't believe that you have answered my question, you say that your evil has been forgiven through your GOD..

Will the evils of a Muslim or a Hindhu ever be forgiven as they do not worship your GOD?

scott-atkinson

Local time
I am glad you do this for your children. It's hard to watch them go their own way, I have younger brothers who are 12, 15 and 18 years younger than me, and who are starting to find their own paths, it has been hard to let them. Though there's really nothing I can do as I am only the sister. But I feel the urge to try to coach them anyway. :)

Edit: I am not misunderstanding what you say here, btw, just sharing some of my experience too.

I welcome your comments..

I do this because I love my children and I want the best for them, if this involves them following christianity and it makes them happy in their life then so be it..

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
I still don't believe that you have answered my question, you say that your evil has been forgiven through your GOD..

Will the evils of a Muslim or a Hindhu ever be forgiven as they do not worship your GOD?

There is only one way to forgivness, and that is through the death, burial and ressurection of Jesus Christ. That is what I mean by Satan and our own sin twisting things and deceiving people. The reason we need redemption is becuase God cannot be in the presence of evil. When we fell (In Genesis, Eve's sin), we all became evil from birth. We were separated from God, The Jews in the Old Testament gained absolution from their sins because of their hope in the coming Messiah (Savior). They gained temporary forgiveness through the animal sacrifices they made. Jesus was that Messiah, He put aside His deity for a time, took on human form, lived the human life and was tempted like a human, but unlike humans he was not born in sin. He lived a perfect life without sin and became our perfect and complete sin offering to God. While he was "dead" on earth he conquered death and Satan, And He rose again, (Their are eyewitness accounts of this in the Bible). Completely alive. If He had not risen then our hope in Him, and in eternal life would be in vain.

scott-atkinson

Local time
There is only one way to forgivness, and that is through the death, burial and ressurection of Jesus Christ. That is what I mean by Satan and our own sin twisting things and deceiving people. The reason we need redemption is becuase God cannot be in the presence of evil. When we fell (In Genesis, Eve's sin), we all became evil from birth. We were separated from God, The Jews in the Old Testament gained absolution from their sins because of their hope in the coming Messiah (Savior). They gained temporary forgiveness through the animal sacrifices they made. Jesus was that Messiah, He put aside His deity for a time, took on human form, lived the human life and was tempted like a human, but unlike humans he was not born in sin. He lived a perfect life without sin and became our perfect and complete sin offering to God. While he was "dead" on earth he conquered death and Satan, And He rose again, (Their are eyewitness accounts of this in the Bible). Completely alive. If He had not risen then our hope in Him, and in eternal life would be in vain.

So if I am reading this right you are saying that a Muslim and a Hindhu will never beget their sins (Evil), if they have any, becuase the do not recognise the Life, Death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Is this correct?

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
So if I am reading this right you are saying that a Muslim and a Hindhu will never beget their sins (Evil), if they have any, becuase the do not recognise the Life, Death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Is this correct?

Yes this is correct. There are even self-proclaimed Christians who have not really done this, they say they have but never did in their hearts, and they sadly, also don't have forgiveness.

I really don't like discussions like this, because I know how this comes across, but, have been told that if I really do love people, and I do, then it is my responsibility to share the truth, so that as many people as possible know it and be saved.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Anyone know exactly what 'a sin' is?

Sin is anything that goes against God, we are born in sin even. When we don't love others we are in Sin, when we deny God (I mean the Christian, triune God, which includes the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit) we sin. There are times we sin and don't realize it. So many things that are accepted behavior (like overeating which I do on a very regular basis) that are sins.

scott-atkinson

Local time
Yes this is correct. There are even self-proclaimed Christians who have not really done this, they say they have but never did in their hearts, and they sadly, also don't have forgiveness.

I really don't like discussions like this, because I know how this comes across, but, have been told that if I really do love people, and I do, then it is my responsibility to share the truth, so that as many people as possible know it and be saved.

I respect your opinion..

But I find this very view dangerous, is it any wonder we have wars..

Is it any wonder that Alquieda are waging a Jihad against the West when we have such views which proclaim them to be evil...

Granted they share the same view as yourself but with their belief proclaiming you to be evil..

As much as religion brings hope and joy to many people, it also brings suffering, misery, anger, and hatred to many many more.

Religion and its unwavering, un abridged belief in it is the scurge of the planet and has been responsible for many of the earths more bloody wars..

I do not believe or disbelieve in any faith or religion, if a person has that viewpoint then so beit, what is dangerous when the person of fiath has a blinkered and biased approach to all over religions...

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Actually, it would have to be, given that all life began from two people. I don't think it became wrong until much later.... I'll do some research about it to find what the Bible says about it to see when it actually became something that wasn't appropriate.

Yipes! I can't see how we're ever going to get to heaven if He keeps moving the goal posts! In the cosmic scheme of things, one minute it's right and just to comit insest, the next minute it's a mortal sin!

Oh, and, we have to wonder, is this the same "constant" God that was referred to in the abortion thread? (Sorry Krystal, nothing personal honey, I love you really).

Oops, I forgot to ask. The New Testament says that if you ask God for forgiveness in Jesus's name all your sins will be forgiven. So, what's stopping people from doing what they like and just doing that on their death beds? Presuming they really want to be "saved" that is.

Last edited:

Adam Caramon

Local time
Today, 11:22

Honestly, I probably disagree with you on virtually everything to do with religion, and I'm guessing many other subjects as well. Having said that, I will commend you for your honesty and willingness to engage in open conversation. Often times these discussions boil down to insults lobbed back and forth, but I truly believe that does not have to be the case (and I think you've helped prove it).

However, I must warn you, if you ever become a politician you will not have my vote :p

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Honestly, I probably disagree with you on virtually everything to do with religion, and I'm guessing many other subjects as well. Having said that, I will commend you for your honesty and willingness to engage in open conversation. Often times these discussions boil down to insults lobbed back and forth, but I truly believe that does not have to be the case (and I think you've helped prove it).

I'm going to second that!

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
I respect your opinion..

Is it any wonder that Alquieda are waging a Jihad against the West when we have such views which proclaim them to be evil...

Granted they share the same view as yourself but with their belief proclaiming you to be evil..

As much as religion brings hope and joy to many people, it also brings suffering, misery, anger, and hatred to many many more.

Religion and its unwavering, un abridged belief in it is the scurge of the planet and has been responsible for many of the earths more bloody wars..

I do not believe or disbelieve in any faith or religion, if a person has that viewpoint then so beit, what is dangerous when the person of fiath has a blinkered and biased approach to all over religions...

It is dangerous, and many Christians in history have been killed for this view. But, as a Christian, I would suffer here on earth to make the Truth known, so that as many as possible can come to Christ, so that I may rejoice with them in Heaven someday. Wars have always been fought over this, even in the Bible. Some people have fought wars in the name of Christ without really knowing Him, and thus the wars have been unjust. Not all wars though. Killing someone who doesn't believe the same as me goes against all that I stand for as Christian, and would be a sin, we are commanded to treat others with love and compassion, while not being remiss in sharing the Truth, because without that our love is pointless, and has no impact to save them from ultimate death.

As far as your statement about the misery hatred and anger religion brings, think of this: I know that my beliefs are the truth. What happens after you die and find the truth out for yourself? That life as you know it doesn't end with your physical death? The 100 more or less years on this planet becomes nothing in the face of eternity. The existence of Humans over time becomes like a vapor in regards to eternity. I promise you the Truth is worth proclaiming. Unjust violence is not (the bloody ware supposedly fought in the name of Christ, and those fought to annihilate Jews and Christians), but the Truth is.

scott-atkinson

Local time
I respect your opinion..

I do not intend to offend you Kryst, and I apologize if I have.

It is just that I find your biased review of other religions and faiths to be wrong in so many ways that can hurt so many people..

Again apologies if I have offended..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom