control margin is shown in a different colour if control has focus when form opens (1 Viewer)

BiigJiim

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:17
Does anyone else have this in Access 2010?

Sometimes if I set a text box or combo box control margin (say left or top) to re-position the contents within the control, if the control has the focus when the form opens, the area of the control which is taken up by the margin displays in a different colour to the control's Back Color. As soon as the focus moves away from the control and back again, the control displays correctly.

Doesn't affect functionality, but it is kind of annoying and looks sloppy/buggy to the customer.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Jim

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:17
Have you tried programmatically moving focus away and back after setting the margin?

BiigJiim

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:17
Have you tried programmatically moving focus away and back after setting the margin?

The margin is set is the design of the form. I tried moving the focus away and back in the form_load event, but this doesn't make a difference. It seems to be a display glitch somehow when Access renders the form. (I tried doing a repaint as well, but also no effect.)

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:17
Sorry, I thought you were setting it in code. Can you attach the db here to play with? I've never tried to use margins to get a format like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom