Convert back to 32 bit Microsoft Access Security Notice (1 Viewer)

IanO

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:24
I am running Win 7 and Access 2010
I am have prepared an Application for distribution.
I made the mistake of loading the 64 bit version. My first customer has an old PC and I gave her a copy of the 32Bit Runtime.
When she tried to open the application she got error Application designed for 64 bit.
No problem, I uninstalled Access 64 bit, cleaned out everything and reinstalled 32 bit.
The applications work well but as soon as I try to design a form and create a button I get Microsoft Access Security with a path
...Office14\ACCWI\ACWZMAIN.ACCE
Any ideas?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 02:24
That file is supplied with Access and used to manage Access wizards
Set the path for the folder containing that file in the Trust Center ...Trusted Locations

Last edited:

IanO

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you Colin
Interesting how one can spend a lot of time searching for an answer, and as soon as I post I find an alternative method which appeared to work for me at the time but did not.
This method was to RegEdit HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Office 14.0 Access Security Trusted Locations Location2
The original Path was C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\ACCWIZ
Modify Path to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\ACCWIZ\ACWZMAIN.ACCDE
Adding a button appeared to work without error, but as soon as I reopened, Access just crashed.
I then went to the trust centre as you suggested and found that it already had the value of the REGEDIT Path.
The Trust center is a mystery to me. Does it apply to where Access resides? If that is the case what happens when it uses Runtime? Or does it apply to the folder where the Access object resides?

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 02:24
When you add trusted locations to the Trust Center, that information is stored in the registry.
In your case, the same action was done...but in reverse!

Sorry but I don't understand what the following mean
Adding a button appeared to work without error, but as soon as I reopened, Access just crashed.
Adding a button to what?

The Trust center is a mystery to me. Does it apply to where Access resides? If that is the case what happens when it uses Runtime? Or does it apply to the folder where the Access object resides?
Does what apply to where Access resides?

IanO

Registered User.
Local time
When you add trusted locations to the Trust Center, that information is stored in the registry.
In your case, the same action was done...but in reverse!

Sorry but I don't understand what the following mean

Adding a button to what?

Does what apply to where Access resides?
I appeared to have bumbled my way to the solution for the Trust Centre.
On reopening the opject the problem was resolved.
When you don't know what you don't know, it is difficult to ask the right question.

The button:
Before resolution I opened a form in design mode. I added a command button to the form and saved. On opening the form, Access crashed with no error message and there was no way to open that form again, even in Design mode. Fortunately I always backup.
This is not an issue now.

Regarding the second question:
When I created a trusted location, it trusted C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\ACCWIZ\ACWZMAIN.ACCDE
Now I open the object using Runtime which is sitting elsewhere and it opens OK. Why?
If I open the object on another PC with a later version of Office to edit it, will there be trust issue?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 10:24
always add C:\ and all its sub, d:\ and all it's sub.
in short give Trust to your pc/laptop otherwise what's the point of not trusting your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom