Converting database to remove macros (1 Viewer)

Sergeant

Someone's gotta do it
Local time
Today, 06:11
Hi All,
I know this is a silly question, but here goes...
I have just been handed a second database that was designed with macros (objects) used throughout. My mission in both cases was just to make some minor changes to the database, but I just can't help but want to rebuild them and do away with the macros. Do you guys have any secrets/methods to deal with this? (Or is it just a ground-up rebuild?)
Thanks,
Sarge. :confused:

___

¯¯¯¯¯
Local time
Today, 11:11
You can convert each macro to code. Select a macro and go to Tools >> Macro >> Convert Macro to Visual Basic. This will place the converted macro in the module section. You can then use the code to replace the macro.

HTH

Sergeant

Someone's gotta do it
Local time
Thanks for the quick reply. I find it quite surprising that MS had that much foresight. I have already begun ground-up work to replace this database, but I will try what you advise just to learn how this works.
I am no expert at this, but I do find it surprising how long a shoddy db design will keep working. This one in particular broke all the rules... I was trying to refer to the name property of a control, and when I typed ".name" in the VBE, it capitalized it when I went to the next line. I was very puzzled at first, but quickly realized that one table had a field called "NAME".
Thanks for being there,
Sarge. ;)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I find it quite surprising that MS had that much foresight
- Don't get excited about this feature. It actually generates A95 code. Even in AXP despite the fact that Microsoft said to stop using that code in A2K. Apparently the macro/conversion people didn't get that memo.

Kodo

"The Shoe"
Local time
Pat Hartman said:
- Don't get excited about this feature. It actually generates A95 code. Even in AXP despite the fact that Microsoft said to stop using that code in A2K. Apparently the macro/conversion people didn't get that memo.

well that's good to know.. yikes!! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom