Coronavirus - are we all doomed? (1 Viewer)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 10:47
I have a cordless landline that has big numbers. Why is that funny? It's very sensible as I can't see too well without my reading glasses.
i would have assumed you could not see too well. that goes right along with your senses. by the way, how old are you anyway COL?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 16:47
What does that mean? "that goes right along with your senses"? My age is not relevant to you.

Col

ramblon

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:47
Don't get sucked into this madness - less than 1% of the population gets infected, of that 1%, 95% recover and have immunity, most of the 5% of that 1% that don't recover where nearing their expiry date anyway.
Have a look at this chart by country especially / 1M pop columns on the right.
Get a feeling there's another agenda going on and it aint healthy.

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
AB, I have regular optical checks, I don't have macular degeneration or glaucoma etc. My problem, which is slight compared to others, is just age degeneration. I wear reading glasses and have a magnifying glass so I cope well. I can play my guitars fine and just to say, age will catch up with all, even that annoying person who lives under a bridge. He won't be so loud mouthed then.

Anyway, what I was going to say was, on the BBC news today we see that people in the USA are deliberately going against the official advice of staying indoors and observing social distancing of 2m. We see people protesting on the streets with banners deliberately standing side by side. This is because they think the advice to isolate etc is an infringement of their civil rights to freedom blah blah. Is this true? What is the matter with these people?
In the UK, we have total lockdown except for those unable to work from home, all shops, restaurants cafes- everything are closed. We want to end this, even if the USA doesn't.
Col

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:47
What is the matter with these people?
I was wondering the same thing as the situation here is the same as the UK I guess. A thought occurred to me: when Patrick Henry said "Give me liberty or give me death" I bet he wasn't thinking that by insisting on your liberties without regard to anything else that you could have both.

SurreyNick

Local time
Being one of those for whom catching this horrible virus could very possibly be fatal I say we should still invite humour into our lives and keep laughter in our hearts through these difficult times. Here are three lighthearted diversions which I hope will put a smile on your face today :)

YouTube video 1 - The UK’s Queen & leading figures singing “We'll meet again”

YouTube video 2 - Meet Trump's New Press Conference Advisor

And finally, Fauci gets the final word

thumbnail_PHOTO-2020-04-18-21-32-47.jpg

Keep safe, stay well.

Nick.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Thanks Nick - brilliant.
It highlights just what a total complete idiot and liar Orangeman actually is. An untrained chimp could run the USA tons better. When I see Orangeman on TV news it makes you cringe just how useless he is.
Col

deletedT

Local time
Thanks Nick - brilliant.
It highlights just what a total complete idiot and liar Orangeman actually is. An untrained chimp could run the USA tons better. When I see Orangeman on TV news it makes you cringe just how useless he is.
Col
Col, I understand being against him (I’m too) but humiliating him is childish not brilliant.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
In fairness, he's a very easy target.
His adeptness at babbling incoherent bobbins must have taken years to perfect.

SurreyNick

Local time
We have our fair share of buffoons too. Bojo (our PM) is a good example. Alas politics is one of the few professions where popularity is sufficient to get to the top and then wreak havoc. Sadly this doesn't seem to diminish their popularity among a large swathe of the electorate and that must mean they are a reflection of our societies.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:47
AB, I have regular optical checks, I don't have macular degeneration or glaucoma etc. My problem, which is slight compared to others, is just age degeneration. I wear reading glasses and have a magnifying glass so I cope well. I can play my guitars fine and just to say, age will catch up with all
Yeah I need the readers also, I buy the economy pack of 10 online. I can get by pretty well with 125 strength.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I had not heard or seen that nickname for Mr. Johnson before, but I once owned a dog whose name was pronounced BOJO. However, in true Cajun style, it was spelled Beau Jeaux. For those not up on Cajun naming standards, that is "Good Joe."

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:47
The sheltering-in place will only get us so far, we will have to come out into the sunlight sooner then later. Unless you are retired then staying at home on your fixed income is no biggie.

The markets do have an affinity with Trump, so if were are going to get back to a normal or higher than normal markets he is the man, for now.
I for one am ready to stop the hemorrhaging of my 401k and 403b.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Col, I understand being against him (I’m too) but humiliating him is childish not brilliant.
Humiliating him? That's really funny. He stands there spouting such rubbish (garbage) and makes those laughable tweets, he treats the American people like they are idiots, he stumbles from one crisis to another. Now, he's blaming the state governors for loosening the lockdown in case the deaths spike up again, he's accepting no responsibility.
In the UK, he is the biggest joke on the planet, he's the butt of jokes from comedians and satire programmes.
I couldn't humiliate him one tenth of how he humiliates himself with his inadequacy as a President. The man is a joke.

Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
True, Adam. You are apparently competing for the position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom