Coronavirus - are we all doomed? (1 Viewer)

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 22:01
But isn't this so much better? See how it goes from 8 to 10 in this one? COOL!
NoTrollPost.jpg

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:01
Adam keeps wondering if we would miss him. However, we cannot perform that experiment at the moment.

You can't miss what doesn't go away.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
You can't miss what doesn't go away.
Richard, can you enlighten me with your knowledge? Jon and the admins here won't. Who gave me the unchangeable title of "Forum Troll"? Not that it's deterred common sense question askers from communicating with me, nor do I care, but I am kind of curious. Surely it wasn't Colin, was it? I would guess Micron or a friend, if I had to make one. Sorry Micron! Your name just comes to mind for some reason. :p

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Richard, can you enlighten me with your knowledge? Jon and the admins here won't. Who gave me the unchangeable title of "Forum Troll"? Not that it's deterred common sense question askers from communicating with me, nor do I care, but I am kind of curious. Surely it wasn't Colin, was it? I would guess Micron or a friend, if I had to make one. Sorry Micron! Your name just comes to mind for some reason. :p
Who gave you the title is well known, but I will leave it to that individual to tell you.

What is tragic is that during your last ban, there were frequent and sustained calls for your head - to make your ban permanent.

Jon, and Jon alone stood in the way and would not allow it. He endured DAYS of constant cries from his Mods and VIP's to reconsider but he would not budge. The cost of him doing what he felt was right has been significant: some members are no longer as prolific as they once were. Others have decided to stay the course and ignore your drivel and only engage when you give bad and/or just plain wrong advice in the Access related threads. The hope was that by "not feeding the troll", you would simply get bored and go away. Alas...

You could at least try to honor Jon's stand by not being such a prick...

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
NG, I have decided to consider Adam in the same way I try to look at people in general. I'll put it terms that Adam MIGHT understand, though his ploy of being "dense" to deflect direct or implied criticism has long been exposed.

According to Adam's favorite book, there is the parable of the sower and the seeds. Paraphrasing, ... the question is raised as to why a sower of seeds wastes his seeds on known harsh soil that returns so poorly, when the sower's other fields offer much better results. The answer is that we should accept whatever result we can and should not avoid seeking some value from poor sources. Each field produces according to its nature. To expect otherwise is to be unrealistic. But to totally avoid a poor field wastes the field and gives it no chance to produce value. Like I said, I'm paraphrasing.

I'll leave out the more deeply religious aspects of that segment, but it appears in Matthew 13:1-23, Mark 4:1-20, and Luke 8:4-15.

I think by now we all know what to expect from Adam. He has been warned about the fact that we WILL publicly correct him if he strays. And there is always the hope that one day he actually learns some of the things we try to teach him or demonstrate for him. Yeah, I know, it's a long shot. Heck, that H A R E K R I S H N A poster was incredibly brutal but I continued to engage him until even Jon had enough. If nothing else, I drew him out enough for all to see just how useless he was. And I will continue to draw out Adam until either he learns something or he does something that even puts Jon on full tilt.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
And I will continue to draw out Adam until either he learns something or he does something that even puts Jon on full tilt.
I came in contact with a man this morning on my walk around the city that was just like you richard. the only difference, he WAS a faithful man. you are not. he knew me. you don't.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Doc, good response. I just wanted NVA to know his membership is at the will and pleasure of the owner who really stuck his neck out. He should at least make a small attempt so that the rest of us would be able to say "I told you so".

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
I came in contact with a man this morning on my walk around the city that was just like you richard. the only difference, he WAS a faithful man. you are not. he knew me. you don't.
You do realize that your county has the highest virus count in your state, right?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
You do realize that your county has the highest virus count in your state, right?
and that means WHAT to me? should I care? furthermore, we also have the highest level of stupid people in the state, due to the student population and over-intelligent researchers, which all stems from the University's non-sensical overthinking of everything.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
furthermore, we also have the highest level of stupid people in the state, due to the student population and over-intelligent researchers, which all stems from the University's non-sensical overthinking of everything.

Well OF COURSE your area has the highest level of stupid people in your state. YOU are there, aren't you? Your problem, Adam, is that you overcompensate. You claim that everyone else overthinks things. You take the opposite extreme.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Well OF COURSE your area has the highest level of stupid people in your state. YOU are there, aren't you? Your problem, Adam, is that you overcompensate. You claim that everyone else overthinks things. You take the opposite extreme.
it's possible that you are right old man because people need to think and things need to progress. But it just might be you that's seeking me out in the future that is if you live that long

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:01
Adam thinks because he excepted Gods offer of (salvation) he is safe to say or do whatever he likes. Sorry recheck what the Monks have taught you grasshopper, you will pay a price for mocking this offer. If I dare say KARMA is a bitch. Karma is real, and it will mess with you trust me.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Adam thinks because he excepted Gods offer of (salvation) he is safe to say or do whatever he likes.
i never said that, GRASSHOPPER. you assume too much. I said THIS:
Code:
and that means WHAT to me? should I care?
I DID NOT say this:
Code:
I'm immune to the virus
I think your narrow mindedness has been exposed, my good friend. ;) furthermore, per a previous post of mine, salvation should not have even been given to me, as I told Richard what I did. but it seems as though that's not true now...

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:01
Adam I am not quoting anything specific, just a general attitude you express.

If the members have the wrong impression of the kind of person you are, then please by all means correct OUR misunderstandings.

Edit: I have not blocked anyone and I doubt I ever will, we could use a second chance now ant then.

Last edited:

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Adam I am not quoting anything specific, just a general attitude you express.

If the members have the wrong impression of the kind of person you are, then please by all means correct OUR misunderstandings.
For the love of GOD, no!!!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Adam, it is possible to be a really good person and yet make a bad first impression. When you were here the first time over 10 years ago under another nom de plume, you gave such a bad impression as to get banned. My issue is that as of the moment you write this, you are on 2,396th impression of your current incarnation - and we still aren't favorably impressed.

You talk about common sense but then you are such a boorish person as to even hijack threads in the Introduction section. Where is the sense in that? (Rhetorical question, because that behavior is pure nonsense.)

In the technical section, you commonly speak ill of Access. We all do, but that's not the point where I'm heading. If you are going to speak of the shortcomings of the product, then offer alternatives that make sense in the context of the question. Offer workarounds. But don't point to a mediocre web site that offers nothing useful because you haven't finished it yet.

You have offered "explanations" of many things but totally botched them. You get called down on so many things but nothing makes a dent in you. And yet you wonder why you get no respect? What have I been telling you about personal relationships? They are REFLECTIONS. You treat me with respect, perhaps I will return the favor. You casually dismiss me in some way, perhaps I'll drop you like a hot rivet. The point is, if you give bad advice you can expect bad reviews. What goes around comes around.

You think I might come to you for something one day. If it happens that I ever decide to pick up PHP or get heavily invested in web issues, I might. Or I might not. I grant that the future is not predictable. But may I offer advice on that? While waiting for me to come to you, don't hold your breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom