Corrupt Database (1 Viewer)

RichB

Local time
Yesterday, 17:56
My database seems to be corrupt and I was wondering if there is a way to revive it? I am building it in 2000 and never changed versions. I went to open it and it gives me the "Unrecognized Database Format" error. I tried the compact and repair but it only gave me the unrecognized database format when I click on it, there is no hanging ldb file out there, and I tried zipping it and opening else where. No goes on all. Any help would be great.

Rich

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:56
Try importing everything into a new database. If you still get the same response then try importing a single item at a time into the db and try it after every import. You may get lucky and have one bad table, form or whatever and trying this may find the problem.

hth,
Jack

RichB

Local time
Yesterday, 17:56
Thanks Jack, it was a no go. I tried each like you recommended and did not get so lucky. It may be back to the starting blocks for this database! UGH!

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:56
I am sure that I am preaching to the choir here, but I try to close a database that I am working on every couple of hours, make a copy and work with the copy. That way if something goes south then I am out only a couple of hours of work and at worst I may have to go back a couple of versions, but that beats starting with one that is a week older...

Good luck!

Jack

Autoeng

Why me?
Local time
Yesterday, 21:56
It is a cost but it might be worth looking into a data recovery service if you have a lot of time invested in both design and data entry into your app. In fact, I think that there are people involved with this website that do this.

Good luck,
Autoeng

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:56

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom