Corrupt Query (1 Viewer)

KACJR

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:40
Greetings to the well of knowledge...

Posting this as a general question as I really don't think I'm dealing with a true corrupt query.

I have an Access front-end to a back-end SQL Server DB. I make periodic updates to the front-end, on about an every-two-weeks basis.

After the most recent update, I have one (and only one) user who reports getting this message upon launch:
database.PNG

When she clicks OK, she can continue using the front-end with no problems.

What I have done so far is (1) uncompile and then recompile the front-end (no love) and then (2) completely rewrote the "corrupt" query (still no love).

What I have not done: Uninstalled Access Runtime from the user's PC and reinstalled it...is this a reasonable step to take?

What else can I look at? This is frustrating that it is only impacting one user.

Thanks,
Ken

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:40
It may be related to this thread

Issues with runtime environments another M$ introduced bug.

KACJR

Registered User.
Local time
It may be related to this thread

Issues with runtime environments another M$ introduced bug.
This doesn't seem to be relevant. We're running Access 2016 (and 2016 runtime), legacy installation (not click-to-run), we are not a 365 shop. Our Access 2016 is fully patched.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:40
This doesn't seem to be relevant. We're running Access 2016 (and 2016 runtime), legacy installation (not click-to-run), we are not a 365 shop. Our Access 2016 is fully patched.
I have a client that's still affected by the bug, and is fully patched and up to date on a standard O365 account (Not one of the delayed channel releases).

If it's just a single machine I would definitely do a full office repair/reinstall and then apply all the updates and see if it fixes it.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:40
Queries are kept in the front-end file. Have you done a compact & repair on that file? You didn't mention it but ... does everyone have their own private copy of the FE file?

KACJR

Registered User.
Local time
Queries are kept in the front-end file. Have you done a compact & repair on that file? You didn't mention it but ... does everyone have their own private copy of the FE file?
The DB has been compacted, repaired, then uncompiled and recompiled. Yes, everyone has their own copy of the front-end. I uninstalled and reinstalled Access Runtime 2016...no love. I even uninstalled Runtime and installed full Access 2016...still no love. I'm completely baffled.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:40
There is also the possibility that something else in the file is corrupt and your query is just paying the price for it. The usual method to fix this is to create an empty DB and then import the contents from the old DB using the External Data features. Since it is FE only, it shouldn't be that difficult unless you had a local-only table. If there is NO local data, you don't even have to import indexes.

The key here is that the import will not import a corrupted object. So if something doesn't make it in the old>>new process, you can selectively regenerate THAT item. Note also that I suggested this as an import. The export process can also work but I've had ... not proof but at least strong doubts about whether an export will be as kind as the import regarding corrupt items. So I'm not saying "Export" is broken; I'm saying I'm not sure they do the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom