Corrupted database, can't edit properties (1 Viewer)

snow-raven

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:41
Do you run into problems with relationships, Giz? I have a number of queries that were created with specifically-crafted constraining relationships, and that didn't seem to carry over well. There were still relationships in my queries, but they seemed to have lost the settings. My relationship map was blank & had no connections when I repopulated the tables. Everything seemed to function properly, but I didn't dig to deep. I wasn't sure I could ever bring myself to trust it as a template.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:41
Did you remember to tick the various options in the Import Objects dialog box?

If not, then you will of course not import all parts of your old database

Attachments

• ImportObjectOptions.PNG
    ImportObjectOptions.PNG
    10 KB · Views: 92

snow-raven

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:41
Roger that. Now that I'm done panicking about missing properties, I'll do some better reading on import procedures. I had a more brute force approach...
Thank you, everyone!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:41
If you are copying all objects to a new database, normally tick all options as well as selecting all objects

NOTE:
1. If you have hidden any tables or other objects in the old database that you need to import, first tick show hidden objects in the new database.
This will allow you to see the hidden objects in the old database

2. NEVER import the system tables MSys... etc as Access will automatically re-create these (thus omitting any incorrect entries).
The exception is user created system tables starting with USys such as USysRibbons which you should import (unless you want to start again)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom