Count function (1 Viewer)

capogna1

Local time
Yesterday, 20:35
GM EVERYONE
I NEED TO COUNT NUMBER OF DATA ENTRIES BY USER, AND BY DATE, ANYONE CAN HELP?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:35
a query to do this might look something like

Code:
SELECT User, eDate, Count(PK) as Num

FROM tblEntries

GROUP BY User, eDate

if you need anything more specific, please provide example data and the outcome you require from that example data

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Yesterday, 19:35
That's a pretty standard function of a database:

capogna1

Local time
a query to do this might look something like

Code:
SELECT User, eDate, Count(PK) as Num

FROM tblEntries

GROUP BY User, eDate

if you need anything more specific, please provide example data and the outcome you require from that example data

Thanks, it's a simple DB I have a T-tbl_login table with the users and their login information, a query Q-data entry, and a form to enter data F-Data_entry. My other queries and forms are to lookup data.
I need to know how many entries are done daily by a specific user.

capogna1

Local time
Thanks, it's a simple DB I have a T-tbl_login table with the users and their login information, a query Q-data entry, and a form to enter data F-Data_entry. My other queries and forms are to lookup data.
I need to know how many entries are done daily by a specific user.
Data type are names, ssn, and locations of medical charts

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Yes, 2 of us have helped you so far. Did you check the link I provided? Did you see the query CJ posted?

Have you made progress on your own after those 2 posts? What steps have you taken and were are you stuck after using those things we posted?

capogna1

Local time
Yes, 2 of us have helped you so far. Did you check the link I provided? Did you see the query CJ posted?

Have you made progress on your own after those 2 posts? What steps have you taken and were are you stuck after using those things we posted?

Thanks so much for your help, I've been researching, I think I need a code in my query linked to my users login table. I'm still working on it. Any code?
Need to monitor users new records created by date.

capogna1

Local time
Thanks so much for your help, I've been researching, I think I need a code in my query linked to my users login table. I'm still working on it. Any code?
Need to monitor users new records created by date.
CJ CODE YES I TRIED BUT THAT LOOKS LIKE IT'S TO LOGIN MANUALY USERS COUNT

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Please post the code you tried and better explain why its not what you want--error message?, unexpected results? etc.

capogna1

Local time
Please post the code you tried and better explain why its not what you want--error message?, unexpected results? etc.
NOT SURE HOW TO GET THIS, NEED TO KNOW NUMBER OF NEW RECORDS ENTERD DAILY BY USER.
THANKS

Attachments

• Capture.PNG4-22A.PNG
    Capture.PNG4-22A.PNG
    15.4 KB · Views: 106

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
does that query get you a result? I.e. the field names are correct?

If so we need to know what you mean by 'new records entered daily' as that query should be giving you the result for every day.

If you mean say the last 7 days, then modify your query to include a where clause - perhaps something like

WHERE edate>Date()-7

which will give you the last 7 days

capogna1

Local time
does that query get you a result? I.e. the field names are correct?

If so we need to know what you mean by 'new records entered daily' as that query should be giving you the result for every day.

If you mean say the last 7 days, then modify your query to include a where clause - perhaps something like

WHERE edate>Date()-7

which will give you the last 7 days

capogna1

Local time
OK LET'T ME EXPLAIN. THIS DB IS TO ENTER NEW RECORDS (NAME, SSN,CHART LOCTION) AND SEARCH THEM QUICKLY, I HAVE LIKE 140K RECORDS.
I HAVE FRONT END USERS ENTERING NEW (NAME, SSN,CHART LOCATTIONS) DAILY. I NEED TO MONITOR THEIR WORK BY USER AND DATE. HOW MANY NEW RECORDS THEY ENTER BY DATE AND USER. DON'T NEED THE 7 DAY
THE Q-COUNT IS MY NEW QUERY.
CJ I REALY APRECIATE YOUR TIME, THANK VERY MUCH.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG4-22-B.PNG
    Capture.PNG4-22-B.PNG
    19.7 KB · Views: 112

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
capogna1, ALL CAPS is considered shouting in many societies. Perhaps it is not considered shouting where you come from, but I dare say that around here, it is considered slightly offensive at best and it diminishes the desire to help anyone who is shouting at you.
You might want to tone it down, but that is your choice of course.

capogna1

Local time
capogna1, ALL CAPS is considered shouting in many societies. Perhaps it is not considered shouting where you come from, but I dare say that around here, it is considered slightly offensive at best and it diminishes the desire to help anyone who is shouting at you.
You might want to tone it down, but that is your choice of course.
Sorry we work with all caps in our release of information software. not shouting

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
ok if you are unable to work out what needs to be done from what has been suggested, you need to provide more information since your question ask asked has been answered several times. Do not describe what you have, provide

1. Example data - with your real field and table names - enough to provide a realistic view
2. The outcome you want from that example data

DO NOT post images - you can copy and paste a table into the thread, see the table button on the ribbon.

PS I agree - caps is shouting in this environment:rolleyes:

capogna1

Local time
tbl_login

UserID_PKFirstNameLastNameUserNamePassword
1​
Robertrobert……..@email.com******
2​
Linda*****
3​
Morrissa******
4​
Patricia******
5​
Saquania******
6​
Tracey******
7​
Valmy********
8​
Nancy******

capogna1

Local time
IDLastFirstMiddleSuffixU#SSNLAST4_SSNMedicalAdminOtherBox#Box#RGFYNumberAscession#VolumeBoxesNumbersPerpetualBook#
GWilliam
123456789​
G678938015940209015-94-020919868
T-1-9&11_OLD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom