Create Matrix? (1 Viewer)

DMerchen

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:50
Is there an easy way to create a matrix? I was thinking of a crosstab query, and it seems to fit, but some things I would want to change. This is the layout I am looking to develop, but I wanted to know if it is really possible. Down the left side would be training requirements, across the top would be employees, the results would show which employee is trained on a particular task marked with an X in the result area. Right now I can get training and employees, but the results show dates that an employee was trained on a particular task. Is there a way to replace the date with just an X to mark that they are trained. Just looking for opinions if this is possible.

Thanks,
Dave

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:50
Is this an Access question or an Excel question?

Are you trying to determine your needs via a matrix, or trying to display information in the form of a matrix?
Did you want to create a database with Normalized tables?

DMerchen

Registered User.
Local time
Hello, I want to be able to display information. This way if someone wants to see what an individual is trained on they can just pull up the matrix chart. Or if they want to see who is trained on a particular task, same thing. Normalized tables? I would have to research that to understand your question, but I hope you understand what I am trying to accomplish better now.

Thanks,
Dave

DMerchen

Registered User.
Local time
I know it is an easier task to accomplish in Excel, but I wanted to see if this same format could be accomplished in Access. We are tracking our training utilizing a database, and thought perhaps a matrix could be constructed pulling information from the tables in Access. Just wanted to throw this out there to get opinions or if anyone else had actually accomplished this and might have some input.

Thanks

DMerchen

Registered User.
Local time
Seems like this might work. I tried it in the query itself, but no success. Can you help me understand where I might place this line of code?

Thanks,
Dave

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 02:50
Show you 1. query, the query which shown the results as dates.
Else post you database with some sample data.

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:50
Here's an example of a training matrix (attached) using crosstab

Attachments

• trainingMatrix.mdb
    272 KB · Views: 670

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom