Create queries from an external datamodel? (1 Viewer)

Etxezarreta

Local time
Today, 20:52
Hello all,
I was asked to analyse some data that are in a MariaDB database. I firstly used Powerpivot but as the data model is quite complicated, I wonder if I can use the Access query maker instead (I cant use queries from the MariaDB database). So I have just tried: I created linked-tables into a blank Access DB thanks to an ODBC connection. My problem is that I can't see the connections, FK and PKs in the Access connection's viewer (the relations were created in the MariaDB database).
Could someone give me a piece of advice please?
Many thanks in advance!
Etxe.

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 14:52
if you can make queries, then you should be good.
You dont have to see the relationships. I never get them for my db.
As long as you know what field to join to what.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 14:52
I am just guessing here since I have no knowledge of MariaDB. According to this you can make a backup of the db.
According to this you will see each create table query and I would assume that would have the needed primary, foreign, and indices, constraints identified in the create or alter table queries.

Etxezarreta

Local time
Today, 20:52
Hello,
I just found a way to make it:
- to visualise the datamodel, I charged the MaraDB tables into Powerpivot: there is a datamodel viewer tool:
1614199285382.png

- then in Access, in the querymaker section, you can create "temporary" links between fields, this is just fantastic (it must have some limitation though, but so far it works like a swiss clock) -> you link the fields like in the Powerpivot datamodel you can visualize in the same time
and you run your queries
1614199503264.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom