Create report Via Button (1 Viewer)

Bandara

Local time
Today, 22:47
I was already created the Query to report. Now what i am want to do is when i click the button i want to view report. (not a table) Is thre any way to do that

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:17
Ummm, this is basic stuff that you can find a LOT of information on how to do. Try Google? We're not against helping you out, but usually people have tried to do something and are stuck. You're not even trying, likely because you don't know how to try. That is OK, but I think you need to do some reading or video viewing on basic things for Access. A book might be a good idea, or some tutorial videos.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:17
Not to open report. I want to do is I already created a query to filter data. Now i want when i click the button run the query and create report and preview it
Ah, you don't have a report created yet? If so, try this button:

report.png

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
No Iwant make My own Button. When I click The Button I want to Run the Query and Save a report and Preview it
But why? I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do? That's not a normal request. Can you tell us what you're really trying to accomplish? Maybe there's a better way to do it.

Bandara

Local time
What i am want to do is when i cleck a button create report filtering data

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Is there way to filter data in a report
Yes, if you create a report showing all the records, you can then open it with a filter. Review the link I posted earlier.

Bandara

Local time
Yes, if you create a report showing all the records, you can then open it with a filter. Review the link I posted earlier.
NO
I created a query to filter data. Then Now I am want to add a button to my form to run that query and the result of query view as a report mode. Can I do like that?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
NO
I created a query to filter data. Then Now I am want to add a button to my form to run that query and the result of query view as a report mode. Can I do like that?
Hi. The normal way is to create a report first, based on your query. You can then use a button to "Preview" that report.

PS. To directly answer your question, yes, you can actually use a button to "create" a new report, but it's not considered "good practice."

Bandara

Local time
I created form add add a button to run the query. Is there way to view result on same subform. The Button is on a sub form. when i click the button the result show by opening new tab

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I created form add add a button to run the query. Is there way to view result on same subform. The Button is on a sub form. when i click the button the result show by opening new tab
Hi. Yes. The easiest way is to create a form for your query and then put it on your form as a subform. On your button, requery or refresh the subform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom