Creating 2 page report with seperate orientations (1 Viewer)

gorellb

Access-ory
Local time
Today, 13:26
I have an ID Badge-creating application outputting to a duplexing badge printer. The front is portrait and the back is landscape. The printer will not pause between front and back, and always prints a "page one" on a badge front, and a "page two" on a back; thus trying to force two back-to-back reports also does not work. Additionally, the back prints a "canned" disclaimer statement AND a signature image.

How (if at all) can I create a report where page one is portrait and page two is landscape???

p.s. Both sides contain images (front is picture and back is sig). :confused:

Thanks!

Carol

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:26
Sorry, access does not allow for different orientations on the same report, nor does it allows for different orientations within a main/subreport.

The only way around this is to use rotating text (addin), or the simplest method use a graphic program to make your front and back as a template and then rotate the back template to get the desired effect and copy and paste these graphics.
With a little tweaking you should be able to generate the badge.

Good luck.

dcx693

Registered User.
Local time
Do both pages have to be part of the same report? Can you just create two separate reports?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You should be able to use Word to print the report. Orientation can vary by section for a Word document. Create the document in word and set it up as a mail merge to get the data from Access.

gorellb

Access-ory
Local time
Really appreciate the quick response and great suggestions. I will try to work with the text rotation idea and hope that it will apply equally as effectively to the image fields.

The mail merge and "publish to Word" functions, however, do not import the image data fields as images. The pic field is linked to a pics folder on the HD to reduce bloat, and the sig field is embedded in the table - neither of these fields show up with the merge.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction for the rotate text info?

Thanks again!

AlanM

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:26
2 page different orientation

I had a simlar problem, with a one page Access report in landscape that needed a one-page letter to precede it, in portrait. The letter body text was the same for all recipients.

Solution was to have a two page landscape report in Access, and use word to get the rotated text into page one.

Details: My solution was to create the letter body text in a Word document inside a single cell table, and rotate that text by 90 degrees. I then linked/pasted/inserted that text into the first page of the Access report, which also contained the necessary address fields etc, which I had formatted as "vertical" in Access.

Worked for me, and now we are going to try and email these!

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom