Creating a Form for a Questionnaire (1 Viewer)

rochelle

Local time
Today, 11:54
I have three tables: one stores the questions, one stores the possible answers, one stores the customers actual answers to the questions.

How do I create a form which:
Shows the customer details plus all of the questions and then all possible answers for each question.

I'm not sure if I have created the tables correctly (they all have relationships which I've successfully tested with a query). Or perhaps it's a problem with the form. When I create a main form showing customer name, company etc and have a subform with the questions and answers it will show all customer records and any questions they've answered.

What I want instead is the form to show:

Only the customers that have answered questions - ie previous respondents, which may not be all customers.

For new respondents - to be able to type in the customer ID and have the form display the customer details AND a complete list of questions (not just the one's they've answered, since they haven't answered any!) and a list of possible answers (related to each question)which I can choose from.

My other problem is displaying only the right set of answers for each question - it's a multiple choice where you can only choose one answer. Do I need to create a separate table for the answers to each question and link it via a question id?

You're help is much appreciated - I know there's a lot of different issues here, so thanks, in advance!

Rochelle

Chris RR

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:54
I'll tackle the easiest part...

You don't need a separate table for the answers to each question. You do need to join your "questions" table to your "possible answers" table with some sort of id (like, say, question number). Make sure that you use a left join (All records from "questions" and only those records from "possible answers" where the joined fields are equal).

I'm confused about the other part. Do you want respondents to see the answers that others have made???

rochelle

Local time
Today, 11:54
Thank you Chris - I will try this. if I still have problems with this I'll let you know!

Regards,

Rochelle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom