Creating a form for regular easy entry (1 Viewer)

Naqibullah

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:03
Dear valued colleagues,
hope my post finds each one of you well. i need your guidance, please help me to sort out a piece of work.
in my database, i have a list of groups i.e group a, group b and .... every group has a list of 20 members each. every group member saves some amount in the group ( for your information, the groups are Village Savings and loan association).
For recording these savings, i created a continuous form which i select a group from the form header, then based on that group members are displayed in that continous form combo box, and so i enter every member's saving one by one, that i find it a bit time consuming and hard.
can you please guide me a simple way to do this.
thank you from your help in advance

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 06:33
in the combo box AFTERUPDATE event, filer the list,
Code:
sub cboGroup_afterupdate
if isNull(cboGroup) then
   me.filterOn =false
else
   me.filter = "[group]='" & cboGroup & "'"
   me.filterOn =true
endif
end sub

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:33
Usually when working with a 1:m relationship (Groups & People in the Group) we use a SubForm with the Main Form selecting a Group and the SubForm showing all those in the Group.

Naqibullah

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:03
Dear both,
thank you for your prompt reply,
it is worth to say that Group table has 1:M relationship with member table, and member table has 1:M relationship with Savings table.
what i really want is that all group members should be displayed in the savings form with a specific date that i will enter (since this process is done bi-weekly), what i do is to only add the savings.it should be clear that the regular savings are entered in savings form which is bount to savings table, and group combo box is unbound and is only added for filtering purposes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom