Creating a Form that looks like a monthly calendar to input employees work schedule (1 Viewer)

jazor316

Local time
Today, 13:42
Hello,

I am creating a database to help me schedule my employees work hours and was wondering if anyone could lead me in the right direction to creating a form that looks like a monthly calendar that i can click on the day, and it pop up a window that allows me to add a work shift within that day of the calendar. When i close out of the screen it should then display on the calendar.

How do I get the form to look like a calendar that i can switch the month, and it show that new month? (I've seen a few ones online that you can purchase, but i want to create my own..I am enjoying learning this stuff. I am really new to access.)

What will i need to know or research to be able to do this? I'm eager to learn!

Thanks for all that take the time to read this!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 20:42
Peter Hibbs has several excellent examples which you can find at his website or at the UA forum. I also have examples but they are part of commercial apps.

jazor316

Local time
Peter Hibbs has several excellent examples which you can find at his website or at the UA forum. I also have examples but they are part of commercial apps.

and where can i find his stuff or your stuff?

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:42
Bing: peter hibbs calendar vba

returns several links

calendar/appointment app is a common topic on numerous forums

jazor316

Local time
Bing: peter hibbs calendar vba

returns several links

calendar/appointment app is a common topic on numerous forums

Found it! Thank, this is very helpful!! Exactly what I was looking for!

Oreynolds

Local time
Hi, I am really interested in the Peter Hibbs calendar module discussed in this thread. I get errors for the links to it on UtterAccess, does anyone know anywhere else I can obtain a demo copy?

Thanks

Oreynolds

Local time
Thanks Gasman, yes that link works but there is no download link in that thread. You then need to goto post #5 and click that link which then doesn't work for me?

Out of interest are you able to download the file on post #8 of the following link as again it won't let me for some reason?

If so any chance you could attach it to this thread?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Suggest you start a thread at UA where Peter Hibbs is an active member. I expect he will respond within a day or so

Oreynolds

Local time
Suggest you start a thread at UA where Peter Hibbs is an active member. I expect he will respond within a day or so

Yes I have tried this but despite registering for a UA account I have never received the validation emails. I have tried resending them and using a different email address but nothing comes through. I have also emails the moderators but no response there so am a bit of a loss on that one. Its a shame its not on here to download as it is on UA!

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Thanks Gasman, yes that link works but there is no download link in that thread. You then need to goto post #5 and click that link which then doesn't work for me?

Out of interest are you able to download the file on post #8 of the following link as again it won't let me for some reason?

If so any chance you could attach it to this thread?
Non 64bit?, but did not get it from that thread?The tweak version is from that thread.

Attachments

• Calendar_V3 (1).zip
    771.8 KB · Views: 469
  • CalendarTweaking (1).zip
    188.3 KB · Views: 439

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Hmm. That's odd...unless you have been banned from UA in the past.
Suggest you send a PM to @cheekybuddha here at AWF. He is a UA moderator as well as an active member here and may be able to investigate

Oreynolds

Local time
Hmm. That's odd...unless you have been banned from UA in the past.
Suggest you send a PM to @cheekybuddha here at AWF. He is a UA moderator as well as an active member here and may be able to investigate

Thanks for this. Haha, no I certainly haven't been banned from any forum so definitely not that!

MarionD

Registered User.
Local time
Non 64bit?, but did not get it from that thread?The tweak version is from that thread.
Hi there. hope it's ok for me to butt in on this conversation!
I have downlaoded the tweaked version and find it super.... the only problem I have it that it returns an error on this line in the Public Sub "showmonthappts"
Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM tblAppointments WHERE " _
& "DateValue(ApptStart) <= #" & Format(vFirstDate + 41, "yyyy/m/d") & "# AND " _
& "DateValue(ApptEnd) >= #" & Format(vFirstDate, "yyyy/m/d") & "# AND EmployeeID Like '" & vEmployeeID & "' AND CalendarTypeID = " & vCalType & " ORDER BY ApptStart")

The error is "syntax error" in the statement and I can't for the life of me see why!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Marion

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Put all the criteria into a string variable and debug print it BEFORE using it in the SQL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom