Creating a GUI - select several rows & print a report for each? (1 Viewer)

peskywinnets

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:31
So I'm slowly but surely building up a useful database for my one man business (actually 1.5 man business - my wife help in the business too!)

Having now got all my incoming Ebay & Amazon sales order data into normalised tables ...I've just created reports created that I need (shipping label, invoice), I now need to create a simple GUI.

What I seek is a way of being able to select several orders (be they listed onscreen as query rows or report rows) & then print out an invoice (a report) for those selected ....i.e. a user selectable bulk selection print. Now I know how to be able to select & print one report, but selecting several orders & being able to print these out escapes me...what would be the general approach here?

Many thanks.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
List boxes are very useful for this type of UI. You can create a list of things to print populate the list box with them then multiselect the ones you want to do things with, or even "move" the selected items into another list for review then processing.

You can easily step through each selected list item to send / print / save / email the report as desired.

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
Point of clarification

Are you looking to make a selection so that multiple items appear on a single invoice?

or are you looking

To create multiple separate invoices to separate customers from a selection.

My reading of your problem description is slightly ambiguous.

peskywinnets

Registered User.
Local time
My UI will see all orders that need to be processed (packed & dispatched) onscreen.

Part of this order handling process is printing out an invoice (to go in the package), so I seek a way of highlighting all onscreen orders (or whichever orders I wish) & then printing out the invoice for these orders. I already have a report created (which creates the invoice), so all I seek is a viable way of highlighting those orders I wish to bulk print & then printing them.

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
If you want to consolidate sales into one invoice you may need a Invoice table and attach the transactions to the invoice.

If you step back a little - create a screen with unprocessed orders and select each one and after the invoice is printed change the flag to printed and run through this process for all the current dispatches. Or change a flag on the table to ready to print and print all those transactions and change all those records printed.

Printing multiple invoices you will also need to through a page break per invoice or group and keep together on one page by invoice number.

Simon

Simon

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:31
Pesky,

I'm with Lightwave --still finding your requirement unclear.

An Order is typically made up of OrderItems --that is 1 Order -->1 or Many Items.

So you may find the Order, then select the items to be associated with the Order.

Also, in some instances it is conceivable that for shipping/delivery/dispatch some Orders may have to be broken into "deliverable packages", and if each package has an included invoice for Items in the Package, you may be dealing with a different entity.

eg Order--->DeliverablePackage

Not trying to make it over complicated, just trying to ensure you and readers fully understand
the issue/ opportunity.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom