Creating an invoice (1 Viewer)

Bentleybelle

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:26
I want to be able to produce invoices from my client database, and be able to have more than one item on an invoice. Probably best I attach the db. frmLayClientDetails is the main form with a sub form where I want to display a summary of that client's invoicing. A button on the form footer opens another form where I want to be able to insert multiple lines on one invoice, then a summary of the invoice is returned in the main form's subform. I am getting a message to the effect that I cannot add the detail on the invoice because there isn't a corresponding invoice number in the invoice table. So I'm not sure just where the invoice number is generated. I will also need a calculated field to sum the items on the invoice, but haven't got to looking at this yet.
Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• Clientdb.zip
    380.8 KB · Views: 349

RV

Registered User.
Local time
Can't comment on your design as I (like many others) am running on Access 2000 ;)

Invoices do come with a header and lines.
The header states common data, such as an Invoice Number, Invoice Date, customer data.
The lines state the Invoice Lines.
For your header, use a main form.
For your lines, use a subform.
Link the two forms (requires to use a table tblInvoice plus a table tblInvoiceLine and setting up a 1 to many relationship between those tables).

As for your invoice summary, can't see any added value.
Anyway, create a report that summarizes your invoice data.

I will also need a calculated field to sum the items on the invoice, but haven't got to looking at this yet.

Search the forum, similar questions have been asked 'bout a zillion times.

RV

Bentleybelle

Registered User.
Local time
Well, did it just as you suggest, and it was a lot easier than what i had been trying to do, so many thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom