Solved Credit card "payment due" date (1 Viewer)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 14:02
Thank you for that Gasman, but the story is true nonetheless. I should point out however, that this is a "store account" not a CC - don't know if that makes a difference.
If the onus is on you to 'pay in time' then not much you can do? :-(
Personally, I would say 'Stuff You', and just pay by CC in that case for each item?, The time to pay is probably increased a fair amount? I do not know all your circumstances obviously, but I would not be putting up with that?
If you fell for all this at https://www.jacamo.co.uk/shop/page/...ooter-_-JacamoPay-_-JacamoPay&decoration=true
then be careful.
All most IFD's rely on you not paying in time, then the interest starts from purchase date. All in the T&Cs, which no one reads. :-(

Last edited:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
We have an illusion of 'store account' here in the UK. Not sure where you are from, but I suspect UK also?
Regardless the merchant obviously saves on CC fees, but unless I benefit, then my view is ' I will do what saves me money' :)

Vulpeccula

Local time
If the onus is on you to 'pay in time' then not much you can do? :-(
Personally, I would say 'Stuff You', and just pay by CC in that case for each item?, The time to pay is probably increased a fair amount? I do not know all your circumstances obviously, but I would not be putting up with that?
If you fell for all this at https://www.jacamo.co.uk/shop/page/...ooter-_-JacamoPay-_-JacamoPay&decoration=true
then be careful.
All most IFD's rely on you not paying in time, then the interest starts from purchase date. All in the T&Cs, which no one reads. :-(
Haha, we come full circle; the whole reason for me wanting to develop an access application in the first place, was to encompass ALL eventualities and give me fair warning that a payment is due instead of painfully trawling every website of every company that has extended me a line of credit!

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Seriously, just pay by CC.?
It costs not nothing more usually , you then KNOW when you have to pay. They then pay CC charges, which is why they want YOU to have a store account? :)
Unless the store account gives you more than the above, normally 56 days to pay (plus a dedicated pay date, which is why all this started in the first place? :-( ) then, i wouldn't touch it with a bargepole :)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:02
instead of painfully trawling every website of every company that has extended me a line of credit!
Just look at the last 2 statements. October was 31 days so if your bill is not the same day every month, the due day will be different in Nov than it was in Oct. If they are the same, then all months are the same.

Otherwise, I'll say it again, Add 28 days to the "current" bill day to project the next.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:02
Note these three samples:

When the date is the last day of the month and the next month is shorter or is very short (Feb), adding 1 m will end up on the last day of the next month
print dateadd("m",1, #Jan 31, 2021#)
2/28/2021
print dateadd("m",1, #Jan 29, 2021#)
2/28/2021
print dateadd("m",1, #Oct 31, 2021#)
11/30/2021

When the day is not the last day of the month and not greater than the last day of the next month, the result will be the same day the next month
print dateadd("m",1, #Jan 15, 2021#)
2/15/2021
print dateadd("m",1, #Oct 28, 2021#)
11/28/2021

When you add 28 days, the day changes each time:
print dateadd("d",28, #Jan 31, 2021#)
2/28/2021
print dateadd("d",28, #Jan 29, 2021#)
2/26/2021
print dateadd("d",28, #Feb 26, 2021#)
3/26/2021
Verify that your results match the results of the company issuing the credit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom