Solved Cumulative total in Textbox (1 Viewer)

jharding08

Local time
Today, 10:16
I am looking do a calculation when data is entered in a textbox. It should add the current value of the textbox + the entered value and store the new total.

Doesnt seem like I can use BeforeUpdate event to do the addition and textbox.OldValue field doesnt always have the current value?

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:16
I am looking do a calculation when data is entered in a textbox. It should add the current value of the textbox + the entered value and store the new total.

Doesnt seem like I can use BeforeUpdate event to do the addition and textbox.OldValue field doesnt always have the current value?
Storing result of a calculation is not normally considered to be best practice.
Can you tell us a little more about what you're actually calculating and what field you have for your data.

jharding08

Local time
Today, 10:16
Storing result of a calculation is not normally considered to be best practice.
Can you tell us a little more about what you're actually calculating and what field you have for your data.
User is storing hours worked and instead of having to calculate and update the field manually, they want to enter the data to be added in the field and have it update the total automatically. Not alot of space to put another textbox for data to be added

I figured out a work around

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom