Custom right-click menu: Export to Excel not available (1 Viewer)

anski

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:01
Hi. I made my own Shortcut Menu (right click) on a report using a macro. I used runcommand - ExportExcel. When I right click on the report, this function is disabled but in the Print Preview Menu, the Excel Export is working. (Take a look at picture.)

Attachments

• exportExcel.png
    exportExcel.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 135

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 03:01
How did you create the Shortcut Menu? Are you able to post a copy of database?

anski

Registered User.
Local time
How did you create the Shortcut Menu? Are you able to post a copy of database?
hi. this is the db i patterned my shortcut menu. i downloaded it from a forum.

Attachments

• testMenu.zip
    16.3 KB · Views: 171

anski

Registered User.
Local time
To solve my own problem, instead of using RunCommand - ExportExcel in the macro, I used OutputTo and chose Excel as the Output Format.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:01
The shortcut menu that you've posted isn't the same as what you've shown in post #1. All that contains is Cut, Copy, Paste.
You also haven't posted your report.

In order for someone to help you, we really need a copy of your database rather than another one you downloaded from the internet!

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Even if you could export a report to Excel the result would be truncated. Export the source of the report, i.e. query.

anski

Registered User.
Local time
The shortcut menu that you've posted isn't the same as what you've shown in post #1. All that contains is Cut, Copy, Paste.
You also haven't posted your report.

In order for someone to help you, we really need a copy of your database rather than another one you downloaded from the internet!
I misunderstood Isaac's question. I thought he did not know how to make a shortcut menu since I clearly mentioned in my post that I made the shortcut menu using a macro. Since I am not an expert programmer (and I thought he wanted to learn how to make a shortcut menu), I posted the db made by somebody a lot more knowledgeable than me than to provide something that might contain errors. That test db actually taught me how to make shortcut menus. I thought that he might find that test db more valuable than my own db that might contain errors.

"You also haven't posted your report." - What report? The picture I attached in post #1 contains a partial picture of the report. In my opinion, the actual report is immaterial to this particular issue.

Anyway, as I have said, I have found a solution to my concern. Instead of using RunCommand - ExportExcel, I used OutputTo. Good day to all.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:01
Well if you are happy, that's fine but I expect one of us could have helped you fix the shortcut menu if you had uploaded your database.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
To clarify, I both a) wanted to try to help you, if humbly and tentatively so, and b) have never done what you have done, and yes -hoped to learn something in the process. Which is a typical mixture of my intentions on any given day at AWF (barring the occasional ignoble urges that crop up from time to time).

So yes, as I.D. says I would have liked the real copy, to see if I could figure out the "why" behind your problem.
But, as you have explained your motivation for posting a different one - thanks, I appreciate the sentiment.

Was curious to figure out why your right click option was grayed out - but glad you got it working and are satisfied. : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom