Dark Gray Webbrowser Control (1 Viewer)

Saphirah

Local time
Today, 11:10
Hello everyone,

i have an ActiveX webbrowser control in my access database which is supposed to show PDF's.
On some of our machines the webcontrol only shows a dark gray area.

1623751117513.png

This is the code i use to open the pdf:
Code:
WebBrowser.Navigate "T:\Path\To\File\FileName.pdf"
I made sure the path for the pdf is correct. As stated, some machines do show the pdf and some don't.
This probably has nothing to do with access but if you experienced something similar and have a workaround i would be glad for any help.

Thank you very much!

Saphirah

Local time
I can confirm that the pdf preview in the webview is broken after the latest windows update. I did update my development computer and the preview is broken too.
You can show html files and access webpages, but PDF does not work anymore.

MyPrivate

Local time
I can confirm that this is the case and probably due to the Adobe ActiveX control inside Internet Explorer (the really old one) that is still used by the web browser control. The Adobe support engineers seem to acknowledge the issue but I have not seen when they plan an update. For now the only solution I have found is to install the Fixit PDF reader (free, and faster). Otherwise you can wait and hope that Microsoft sticks to the Roadmap date of August to release a new web browser control that relies on Edge Chromium. You will need to update your forms though with the new control.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:10
I can also confirm this is an issue for me for PDF files in a web browser control in A365 ...BUT it works fine in A2010.
That suggests to me that it is an Access update causing the issue rather than a Windows update

MyPrivate

Local time
Looks like it was Windows indeed: KB5004760 : Microsoft release out-of-band cumulative update to fix Windows 10 PDF opening issue.
Did not get it in my downloads yet so could not test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom