Solved Data collection on iPad (1 Viewer)

PaquettePaul

Local time
Today, 02:13
Not sure there is an answer for this, but you guys have seen a lot more Access related scenarios than I have,

My application is for a flying school. Instructor takes student up, keeps track of flight related data (I.e., engine operation times, wheels up and down time, airports visited) on a piece of paper, and at the end, the information is manually entered into my application for billing and student flight history.

I was wondering if there is any way for information to be captured on some app or whatever on an iPad or iPhone and then, when the flight is completed, to have that data sent to or uploaded to the PC workstation where the app is located. I am not a Web developer, so that is not an option. Has anyone had this scenario before - gathering data in the field and uploading to the main database?

thanks for the assist and ideas

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:13
One option is to save the data in a "file" that you can import into Access.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:13
If they were using Surface Pros instead of i products, you could run Access on the note pad and then upload when they got back to the ground. If you insist on using i products, your best bet is to use Excel or Google docs to collect data and then upload that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom