Data field in lable (1 Viewer)

Samadkhan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:13
I am creating a report in Access 2013 where I am trying to place an statement by placing lable (See attached snap please) which contain a specific data from table field i.e.

----------------------
Dear Sir,

We provide you with the particulars of stock in =tblMucJOB field >>>[City] Nawabshah Road, Sanghar, Situated at 4 K.M KAHNA KACHA ROAD, LAHORE on account of M/S. NEW JHOLAY LAL COTTON GPF & OIL MILLS Held in your name to secure CFR/Facility (Pledge).

Your response shall be highly appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    155.2 KB · Views: 101

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:13
I think you need to use a Textbox and concatenate the field into the text.

Samadkhan

Registered User.
Local time
some data are unchangeable (in Label) where few are such as "Client Name" and "Address" [tbl >>>Fields]... Please advice with thanks

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:13
some data are unchangeable (in Label) where few are such as "Client Name" and "Address" [tbl >>>Fields]... Please advice with thanks
Unchangeable or not, you should still be able to use a Textbox and make it look like a Label.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:13
I agree with DBG, easier and simpler to use a text box (just delete the associated label) since no code required. However if you want to do this then you need to use vba and populate the caption property - something like

me.labelname.caption="We provide you with the particulars of stock in " & [fieldname] & " Nawabshah Road ......"

since this is a report put it in the detail onformat event.

If it is a multipage report you may have other issues to address if the value of fieldname changes - which would not be a problem using a textbox.

Samadkhan

Registered User.
Local time
I agree with DBG, easier and simpler to use a text box (just delete the associated label) since no code required. However if you want to do this then you need to use vba and populate the caption property - something like

me.labelname.caption="We provide you with the particulars of stock in " & [fieldname] & " Nawabshah Road ......"

since this is a report put it in the detail onformat event.

If it is a multipage report you may have other issues to address if the value of fieldname changes - which would not be a problem using a textbox.
Thank you very very much for your wonderful help , highly appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom