Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:02
LOL how about repDATE

LaRockera02

Registered User.
Local time
Not really I took it out of "report" lol couldn't come up with anything else. Why?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:02
Is the name of the field in the table or the name of the control on the form?

LaRockera02

Registered User.
Local time
No I renamed the report's date field to this because before it was just "Date" On the form this is called "myDate"

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
But the field is not going to be used in your report alone so why prefix it with rep?

What is the name of your table and what is it for?

LaRockera02

Registered User.
Local time
I believe the form was created by a query. The values from it come from the main database table. It's the same table from the other issue you helped me on.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
I've answered many questions on here. If I remembered I wouldn't have asked ;)

What is the name of the table? and what is its use?

LaRockera02

Registered User.
Local time
sorry I just thought it wasn't neccesary:p

the name is "CSR Call Database"

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Nope! Do you know the difference between a FIELD and a CONTROL?

LaRockera02

Registered User.
Local time
I thought field was what you call the name on a table/query. Control is the one on the form?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
That's right! So when I said, change the name of the field, you were talking about changing the report??

LaRockera02

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry is early on a Friday, I'm a little bit out of it today.

Two things:
1. Just noticed the person who created the database has two different dates on the report. One for when it was created and the second I'm assuming is for when the last update was made (taken from a different table). the Update Date is the one named as "Date". So that's where I got confused. I don't think it's a big deal unless you want me to change it.

2. the Date it uses on the Search Form is the date for when it was created. That is already name as CreatedDate (on the CSR Call Database table) I guess there's no reason to change it?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
1. I'm not asking you to change it. It's your db ;) I was just telling you the consequences. For anytime you use that field you must enclose it in square brackets (i.e. []) so it doesn't get confused with the Date() function. If you change it you've got to find all parts of the db where this field name was used, including code and macros. There's a tool on the mz tools website that allows you to does a deep search (I heard).

2. CreatedDate is fine.

Edit: Didn't notice Brian there ;)

LaRockera02

Registered User.
Local time
Yes thanks Brian, you came out of nowhere lol

@vbaInet: I'm glad to get the all the help I need. I'll change whatever you want me to so it won't give me a headache later on, you ask haha. If I would have done this on my own it would had been easier because at least I'll know where to look. I'm on MZ tools right now but none of the downloads mention it and I can't install programs on this computer unless I'm an administtator. How about we forget that date and move on. It would take me a very long time to change it. If I can I'll change it when the time comes.

Let's get back to CreatedDate

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom