Solved Database Help (1 Viewer)

tonycicc20

Local time
Today, 09:45
Hello, I have a database i have inheritied from a retiree. the switchboard had gotten all messed up and i dont know what i need to do to fix it. is there a service that can repair the switchboard and database?

1620148090735.png

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:45
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Not sure what you mean by service. What was the error message you're getting?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:45
Create a new form. Make sure the wizard is switched on, place a command button on that form. The Wizard will offer you several choices, one will be to open a form. Select that choice and then select switchboard. Save and close the form. See if that button with open your switchboard.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
The Wizard will offer you several choices,

There's a Video showing how to use the MS Access Wizard in MS Access 2007 version Here:-

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
There's a Video showing how to use the MS Access Wizard in MS Access 2007 version Here:-

Tony,
The 2007 switchboard is created with macros 😔

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Do you have a backup?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
2007 switchboard is created with macros

Hi Paul, I'm not demonstrating how to create a switchboard, I'm demonstrating how to create a command button to load the suspected missing switchboard form. If it won't load from a new form with a new command, then the form is missing or misnamed. If it does load then it points to some other problem.

As we all know, once we have a problem we suspect that MS Access has a virus or something. Where often, it is... (and I say often - "always" would be a better term) ourselves which have caused the problem. So never take it for granted, even if you can see the Form, still test with code, you never know!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:45
Here is a replacement switchboard form. It is based on the last VBA version of the switchboard but has been modified.

Rename your existing Switchboard form. Then import the one from the attached database. DO NOT IMPORT the Switchboard Items table. You do not want to overwrite your own table.

Attachments

• SwitchboardONLY.zip
    37.9 KB · Views: 325

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Hi Paul, I'm not demonstrating how to create a switchboard, I'm demonstrating how to create a command button to load the suspected missing switchboard form. If it won't load from a new form with a new command, then the form is missing or misnamed. If it does load then it points to some other problem.

As we all know, once we have a problem we suspect that MS Access has a virus or something. Where often, it is... (and I say often - "always" would be a better term) ourselves which have caused the problem. So never take it for granted, even if you can see the Form, still test with code, you never know!
I have had a switchboard go awry with me more than once. :(

I used to keep a copy of the form and the table I seem to recall. :)

I'll check out that video as well.

Thanks Tony.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
So i imported that SB and the same thing happened with the Not defined error. Anyone willing to look at Screen sharing on Teams maybe? i could really apprecate some support :(
Hi. Send me an email, so we can try to schedule something.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 21:45
just copy the "Switchboard" form and "Switchboard Items" to a new database
and post that db.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
So i imported that SB and the same thing happened with the Not defined error. Anyone willing to look at Screen sharing on Teams maybe? i could really apprecate some support :(
This is the actual error I get ? as I do not use DAO

However the word Form should not be there, remove it and try a compile.

1620315500588.png

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
mine didnt have that? i also only have 8 buttons
@Gasman was correct. The file you uploaded had the extra code. If yours does not have it, then perhaps you uploaded the wrong file. Please see attached modified copy of the file you uploaded.

Attachments

• SwitchboardONLY.zip
    43.6 KB · Views: 319

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom