Database Modelling for Crew Management (1 Viewer)

DBApprentice

On Error GoTo AWF *****:
Local time
Today, 14:50
Hi all.

It´s been a while since my last post and I hope everyone is OK!

I recently started in a new job and my challenge is crew management of 3 offshore installations, all personnel involved needs to follow rotations and comply with training matrices to each installation they go. That means I need to control rotation and training certificates of all crew before they go offshore. As usual, everything related to this is sitting on several spreadsheets and I want to build a DB on Access.

I was wondering if you have a DB model example of Crew roster or Training Matrix compliance control.

Thanks.
Diogo

Last edited:

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
Today, 10:50
As usual, everything related to this is sitting on several spreadsheets and I want to build a DB on Access
You can use the excel files to design afresh the access DB

Since its a new job, depending on an external access DB designed elsewhere might not be the best approach because you will have two challenges
A. Understanding your current work scope
B. Understanding the access DB

On the other hand, if you use the existing excel files(this is already modeled after your work scope) and it's a blueprint you can use to develop/improve on.

DBApprentice

On Error GoTo AWF *****:
Local time
Can you upload a copy of the Excel files with Confidential data removed?
I could not find a place to upload the Excel file.

I have included a briefing.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• DB Briefing.pdf
    240.3 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:

DBApprentice

On Error GoTo AWF *****:
Local time
You can use the excel files to design afresh the access DB

Since its a new job, depending on an external access DB designed elsewhere might not be the best approach because you will have two challenges
A. Understanding your current work scope
B. Understanding the access DB

On the other hand, if you use the existing excel files(this is already modeled after your work scope) and it's a blueprint you can use to develop/improve on.
I only have one spreadsheet I designed to control crew rotation, the matrix cannot be changed and I have to make a VBA to read from it. As for the certificates it will be coming from a CSV file produced from a training portal.

My goal is to build everything I need on DB and read the information from these spreadsheets.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 17:50
I only have one spreadsheet I designed to control crew rotation, the matrix cannot be changed and I have to make a VBA to read from it. As for the certificates it will be coming from a CSV file produced from a training portal.

My goal is to build everything I need on DB and read the information from these spreadsheets.
I could not find a place to upload the Excel file. so I have included a link to it Excel Sanitized.

The matrix is here

I have also included a briefing.

Thanks for the help.
You upload it the same as you did the pdf. As excel type files do not have one of the allowed suffixes, either change the suffix, or zip it.

DBApprentice

On Error GoTo AWF *****:
Local time
You upload it the same as you did the pdf. As excel type files do not have one of the allowed suffixes, either change the suffix, or zip it.
Thanks, Gasman. I put a link to the files but I will remove them, thanks to your tip I managed to post all files.

Attachments

• Final version - FPSO Training Matrix 2021 v1 - Copy.zip
    70.9 KB · Views: 365
  • DB Briefing.pdf
    240.3 KB · Views: 376
  • Crew Rotation Sanitized.zip
    229.4 KB · Views: 367

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom