DATABASE Report question (1 Viewer)

Broad

Local time
Today, 08:58
How can I create a report which shows details of customers who have not ordered pizza for 1 month?

Do I have to create a query first, if so then what to do in the query? What function to use?

Thanks in advance.

--------------------
I have all the necessary tables.

Last edited:

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:58
How can I create a report which shows details of customers who have not ordered for 1 month?

Do I have to create a query first, if so then what to do in the query? What function to use?

Thanks in advance.

Did you create the database in question?
Have you looked at the tables? Do you understand what the fields mean?
Have you tried to write (in english--NOT code) what exactly you are trying to find out?

Have you read up on the Report Wizard?

Broad

Local time
Today, 08:58
Yes friend, I have my database.
I have the required tables including the ORDER table and PIZZA table.
I understand what the fields mean.

I managed to get two things done. 1. graphs of five most popular pizza sold 2. report that shows last months orders.

but I don't know hot to do this. details of customers who have not ordered pizza for 1 month.

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time
Today, 10:58
I'd probably start with the query wizard to set up unmatched records. If you run from the Orders table against the Customers table and perform an unmatch against the FK of the customer in the Orders table and PK of the customer in the Customers table, this should return all of of the customers who have not ordered anything - a comparison of all of the data in your database.

With this set up, then depending on how I would want the report - a month only view or yearly broken down by month. For the previous, the simplest approach would be to putting in criteria against the Order Date to return all records of customers with no orders by using the BETWEEN function. You can find these tricks by searching for filtering query using dates.

For the latter, a pivot should be able to do the trick - but sometimes more difficult to implement. There are people who are very good at them but for some reason they like to make my life difficult. The pivot approach would be a single fix to get both reports through filtering on the report side.

HTH,
-dk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom