Database working intermittently (1 Viewer)

Tophan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:57
I am experiencing some issues with my database and I'm not sure if it's the database or the Access program. One day a combo box or button will work and the next day they won't.

Today I updated some customer information and when I went to print the report a field that previously had information is now blank even though I can see the data in both the form and the query which is the report source. No changes were made to the report design.

I also noticed a change in one of the tables. I have a customer details table for the supply of water tanks. I also have a table named tblSystems which has 2 fields - TankID and Description of the water tank system. The field in the customer table for tanks is a number field and should (and did) contain the TankID. Today that field has the tank description.

I have run the Compact & Repair several times now - sometimes it seems to help but more often than not it doesn't.

I'm at a lost as to what is going on.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:57
if the tankID is a real numeric field, then string values can't be saved to it.
i think it is short text, that is why the description is saved.
if there is a form using a combo that update/add record to this table, then
the Bound column was reset and now points to the text column rather
than to the numeric part (pk?).

are there any Lookup table to this field?

Tophan

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. The TankID is the Primary Key and the Bound Column is 1 in the associated combo box in the form

Tophan

Registered User.
Local time
The combo box is a multivalue combo box and some customers are receiving two types of systems - would that make a difference?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:57
do you know how to use Multivalue field? obviously you do, because many considered it hard to work with (even Evil to them).

Tophan

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, I've used multivalue combos before...they're very useful in instances like this.

I made some changes to the report's source query which seems to have fixed that 1 error but I'm still experiencing some glitches. For example I have another report with a button, the code for which names the report by Client name and date and then saves the report as a pdf to a specific folder. Every now and again I get an error with the debug message. If I close and reopen the report it works just fine.

There just some issues I can't figure out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom