Datasheet Subform - Force data input/output to Short Date (1 Viewer)

BeardedSith

Local time
Today, 17:43
Hey there!

I have a form:
1583241554015.png

To the right of the form under PURCHASES is a subform which consists of a very simple datasheet that allows users to enter purchases. The issue I'm having is more a data coherency issue than any major database-breaking problem. As you can see when you want to create a new row, the date formats back to long date. However, the table and form are set to short date only.

So, here's my questions
1) Is there a method to FORCE a short date input instead of a long date input? Dates are stored as short dates, but I work with dopes, so this could cause some confusion down the road. I'd like to tackle it before I give them control over the data.
2) Can you force a date picker in here? No matter what I set "Shot Date Picker" to, it will not show the date picker on this form.

Just because a picture is worth a thousand words, I'm adding this design picture of the form with the specific textbox in question being selected (just showing date picker is "on").

1583241816479.png

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:43
Hi. The date picker will not show up if you use the Format property. You could try using an Input Mask. If you want to use the date picker, you'll have to remove the Formatting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom